WAG 2013-2014 Rules and Policies

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wandrewsjr

Coach
Proud Parent
Has the 2013-14 R & P been released yet? Wanted to double check all warmup times but can't seem to find it.

I was told this weekend by someone that absolutely knows the status and they said it will be a couple of weeks until they are published.

I was told this weekend by someone that absolutely knows the status and they said it will be a couple of weeks until they are published.
Do you know if the warm-up times for new levels are in writing anywhere else? The beam time limits are in the compulsory book, but can't find the warm up times.

Do you know if the warm-up times for new levels are in writing anywhere else? The beam time limits are in the compulsory book, but can't find the warm up times.

For compulsories? I believe they stayed the same but like you not really sure.

Yes, for compulsories. I am assuming everything just shifted down a level with the changes. Having level 2's at a competition for the first time so want to make sure:
Level 2 - 30 sec
Level 3 - 45 sec
Level 4 & 5 - 60 sec
Correct?
And heard anything about level 6, whether it will be same as level 7?

If I recall correctly, that question came up and the answer was that it would not change. However, those kind of details can be mixed up so it is probably best to wait for the final book. You can also gain some insight by reading the minutes of the various committees that USAG has; the minutes are on the USAG site.

We are a compulsories in the fall, optionals in the spring state, so our season has already started. Seems a little silly that they didn't get the policies out before competitions started that will be governed by them!

Yes, for compulsories. I am assuming everything just shifted down a level with the changes. Having level 2's at a competition for the first time so want to make sure:
Level 2 - 30 sec
Level 3 - 45 sec
Level 4 & 5 - 60 sec
Correct?
And heard anything about level 6, whether it will be same as level 7?

This is what our booster club is using for the meet we're hosting in a few weeks. I hope it's right! (although we don't compete level 2s here)

The 2013-14 Rules and Policies have just been published to the USAG website. Haven't looked at them yet for impact. Happy reading.

Looks like they should have edited a bit more carefully...apparently it's still ok at level 4 to use a mat stack for vault and single rail for bars. I'm curious to see how that will work out :-/

Question? It appears you can go directly from old 5 to new 6 without competing new L5...am I reading that correctly?

Question? It appears you can go directly from old 5 to new 6 without competing new L5...am I reading that correctly?
no, I believe that is a typo. There are a few errors on that chart referring to old/new. The only girls who can compete new 6 are the ones who competed or scored out of old 6 or those who compete new 5.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back