WAG 2015 Gymnastics Revolution Team Challenge

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Stormy

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
I have tried to get this information from Gymnastics Revolution but they do not seem to respond to emails or phone messages, so I am turning to you for info about this weekends Team Challenge. There is a rumor floating around our gym that the Level 9/10 event finals scheduled as a part of this meet this weekend were suddenly cancelled. Does anyone know if this is fact or fiction?? If so please fill me in on why. Otherwise, please let me know the date and time of the Level 9/10 event finals. I need to change my plans quick if there is no event finals, so any info you can share quick will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

That's interesting. Very early on, they indicated they would not be having the event finals. Then all of a sudden, it looked like they decided to put it back in. I just checked the website, there is no mention of event finals. However, Session 8 is blank but there is a start time and march in time. They can't possible still be in limbo with the event finals as they would have had to order medals and trophies. Let me know when you find out.

In the interim, you might have better luck at their facebook page. Try posting the question there.

That's interesting. Very early on, they indicated they would not be having the event finals. Then all of a sudden, it looked like they decided to put it back in. I just checked the website, there is no mention of event finals. However, Session 8 is blank but there is a start time and march in time. They can't possible still be in limbo with the event finals as they would have had to order medals and trophies. Let me know when you find out.

In the interim, you might have better luck at their facebook page. Try posting the question there.
My daughter (Level 10) was told by her Coach tonight that it was cancelled. I can't find anything on their website showing their original plans which I believed included both Level 9/10 event finals and the new Team Challenge event they added in within the last 2 years ago where teams that were invited to participate would have 1 athlete from each level to form a team. Originally I assumed the blank time on their Sunday schedule was scheduled for those two events but it seemed odd that they would run both those events simultaneously because the high level athletes couldn't be in two places at one time and because of the extreme noise level I heard last years team challenge session generated. Seems extremely odd that a reputable gym would cancel such a big event at the last minute with no explanation on their web site. But then again, its also odd that they don't return email messages or phone calls! If anyone has the scoop please post it! Thanks!

I personally saw reference to both Level 9 and 10 event finals and the new team challenge event. It further indicated that a gymnast can only compete in a maximum of two event finals. So, I know I was not imagining it because we've not competed in that meet in five years. My daughter is a Level 10 as well. But her coach does really care if there is one or not. So, whatever information I have is from my own research. I was looking forward to the event finals myself. It also seems like they have a lower turn out this year. Maybe that is what contributed to their decision to do away with the event finals.

I personally saw reference to both Level 9 and 10 event finals and the new team challenge event. It further indicated that a gymnast can only compete in a maximum of two event finals. So, I know I was not imagining it because we've not competed in that meet in five years. My daughter is a Level 10 as well. But her coach does really care if there is one or not. So, whatever information I have is from my own research. I was looking forward to the event finals myself. It also seems like they have a lower turn out this year. Maybe that is what contributed to their decision to do away with the event finals.
Yes, I saw it too. I am just shocked that a gym would change the biggest portions of their meet without posting anything on their website to tell people or emailing the registered gym long before the week of the meet.

Agreed. ^^^^. Well good luck to your daughter. They only have one session of Level 10. So our girls will be competing together but different age groups.

Agreed. ^^^^. Well good luck to your daughter. They only have one session of Level 10. So our girls will be competing together but different age groups.[/QUOTE
That is so nice of you to wish my daughter luck. I hope your daughter has a great meet too! What are the age groups for this meet? Do you have the roster/rotation schedule? It looks like a lot of gyms are going to the meet but you mentioned maybe attendance was down. Do you know how many level 10s are competing?

That is so nice of you to wish my daughter luck. I hope your daughter has a great meet too! What are the age groups for this meet? Do you have the roster/rotation schedule? It looks like a lot of gyms are going to the meet but you mentioned maybe attendance was down. Do you know how many level 10s are competing?

I don't know anything about the meet, age groups, number of gymnasts competing nor do I have any rotation sheets. Sorry. :-(.

There may not be enough level 10s to really justify an event final. I do think the numbers were lower this year, particularly at that level. In fact the whole meet is fitting into 2 days, when many years ago it required Friday-Sunday.

And if they try to get you to stay for the "team challenge" thing, don't bother....not worth it....you watch kids from level 3 and up compete one event......been there, done that, don't need to hang around an extra day to do that....our gym actually didn't plan to go back to this meet after they eliminated the event finals because it became the same as any other meet....

And if they try to get you to stay for the "team challenge" thing, don't bother....not worth it....you watch kids from level 3 and up compete one event......been there, done that, don't need to hang around an extra day to do that....our gym actually didn't plan to go back to this meet after they eliminated the event finals because it became the same as any other meet....
Funny you should say that for a couple of reasons. Parents from our gym did not want to go to this meet because two years ago they took the event finals out, but their 2015 meet information posted on their website said they were having the regular meet, the L9/10 event finals, and the team finals, wo we were talked into going. The head Coach specifically looks for meets with Level 9/10 event finals and wanted they gym to go because of them. Now both the event finals and the team challenge sessions have been cancelled and it sounds like there is going to be very low attendance at what is now just as common as any meet you could find in any local area. We were right when we said two years ago we should never go to this meet again! Now the parents and coaches have agreed to never go to any event sponsored by this gym.

I do remember your post from a few months back in search for another meet to replace this one because they did away with the event finals. I can understand that perhaps there was not enough gymnasts to do the event finals. However, they should have notified the gyms.

I do remember your post from a few months back in search for another meet to replace this one because they did away with the event finals. I can understand that perhaps there was not enough gymnasts to do the event finals. However, they should have notified the gyms.[/QUOTE
Yes, that was the info from the year before, but we were told by our coaches they were added back in for 2015.........and that is what the host gym posted on-line. There is still nothing saying that both L9/10 event finals and the team challenge sessions were cancelled. Just don't understand why the gym simply hasn't posted an explanation! Yeesh.........glad we won't be dealing with this again ever!!!!!!!!

Yes, that was the info from the year before, but we were told by our coaches they were added back in for 2015.........and that is what the host gym posted on-line. There is still nothing saying that both L9/10 event finals and the team challenge sessions were cancelled. Just don't understand why the gym simply hasn't posted an explanation! Yeesh.........glad we won't be dealing with this again ever!!!!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back