2nd HS meet of the season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

Ok DD did OK. Did not place in the top 2 but was close to their scores. The Team came out with a huge lead and took first with a 134.35. Next meet on Friday for HS and Sunday for the Club. DD is loving the HS team.

Her scores
Bars - 7.40
Beam - 8.30
Floor - 7.00
Vault 8.05
AA - 30.75

remember HS gym is judged as though they were L9. Not bad scores for someone doing L7/L8 skills being judged as a L9

Wow. WTG to your DD. Busy busy girl with two schedules like that. Sounds like she is doing a super job.

Great job! I can't imagine keeping up with all that! Are her routines the same or different? I bet it can be hard to keep everything straight! Good luck this weekend!

it is a full schedule thats for sure. The HS meets for the most part are m-f where the club meets are sat - sun.
Her routines are the same with changes to the one's she does for HS. there is no spring floor for HS (or verey rarely is there one) so the bigger tumbling is eliminated and easier tumbling is added. Also a few of the required elements for HS needed to be added.

her bars are the same but HS instead of a layout for a dismount she does a layout or a layout half twist depending on what the coach wants.

beam is almost the same but she doesn't need the connection move so she doesn't do it but she added in some other type of move with a leap

Vault is a full which at the club gym she does but from meet to meet she may do a handspring or a full depending on what the coach says that day. At HS its always a full.

For meet schedule

HS Meet tonight 6th
Club Meet Sunday 8th
HS Meet Monday 9th
Club meet sunday 15
HS meet tues 17,
HS meet sunday 22 (this one not set yet)
HS meet Wed 25
HS meet Mon 30
HS meet Fri feb 3 but she may have to miss this one as there is a club one too from the 3 - 4 if her session is on the 4th she will make the HS one otherwise not.
HS states sat Feb 18
Club meet feb 25 or 26
club meet mar 4 (yes that means the start of the Feb vacation week and the end of the feb vacation week we are at meets)
HS Mar 11 - Regional meet
Club meet Mar 24 - 25 (sectionals)
Club Meet Mar 31- Apr 1 - States

So that's 6 meets completed and 15 meets to go

We were supposed to go to Parkettes meet at the end of January but the 3 girls at L9 and L10 didn't get in so the gym pulled everyone out. It's cheaper for me and im good with that but i know I wouldn't have pulled 27 other girls because of 3 girls

Add in the 2xs a month for scouts, once a week for camera club at school, and piano And she is a busy girl. Honestly I don't know how she keeps straight A's at school and be in "A" Level Class (moves faster than regular classes). Oh add in her social life and well that mom taxi is very busy LOL.

Congratulations to your dd on another solid meet! It must be so fun being on a HS team with your classmates from school.

And good for her being able to balance it all with outside activities (which I think are really important too) and As to boot!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back