Parents 2nd level 5 meet report and video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
Bug had her second level 5 meet this last weekend, it was held at Wisconsin Dells and lots of teams from MN and IL who are in the heart of their season were there. Going into the meet the roster showed that Bug would be in the 8 and under age group, that was the same thing that her score card showed, but when it came to awards they started with 9 and under, but went out 20 places.

First up floor: still needs to work on her dive roll, and her split leap, but still a nice routine over all. 8.875 good for 12th place.

Vault: Looked nice, but Bug said the board was too hard. 7.8 no place

Bars: She has started to add a cast after the kip, before the front hip, and still does not connect and needs bigger casts, but she does jump. Her high bar is actually looking quite nice--just needs to get the cast after the long hang kip without pausing, but she has pretty good tap swings and is one of the few on the team that semi keeps her feet together on the dismount. 8.000 tied for 20th

Beam: Few wobbles, needs her handstand up higher, but is one of the few that wants to get off as fast as she can, so unlike many on her team does not go overtime. 8.85 16th place

AA: 33.525 20th place

YouTube - Wisc Dells Vacation Classic Level 5 gymnastics

Barb

Somebody call the Cops, she got robbed on Vault. I thought her vault was much better than a 7.8. That is for sure.

Overall Bug looked very good. I certainly don't miss the level 5 FX music... LOL...

Great Job Bug!!!

Sean

I totally agree with Sean, her vault was way nicer than 7.8. I was surprised by that. Her tumbling on floor is very nice and her bars are really getting lovely. It really takes time to cast high out of those kips.

Glad you came back to report, I had been wondering about little Bug. Loved hearing her cheer section.

Somebody call the Cops, she got robbed on Vault. I thought her vault was much better than a 7.8. That is for sure.

Overall Bug looked very good. I certainly don't miss the level 5 FX music... LOL...

Great Job Bug!!!

Sean

LOL That is hilarious!

I agree with Sean too! A great meet for your girl! :) She is adorable!

My DD just had her second level 5 meet yesterday and my step-DD had her first level 6 meet.

I was there too this weekend for level 5! I competed on friday. she is very good! :) Does she compete usag?

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, she's doing awesome for only her 2nd meet. BTW, That looked like a fun place for a meet. Looked like an airplane hanger, LOL

I have to agree she got robbed on the vault, thought it was much better than that. I am not a great judge though. My DD seems to lose a lot on the run itself and just doesn't get the same power the other girls get. I heard the judges need to see "pop" off the table in handstand position. She has struggled all season.

Looks like your DD knows it all and just needs to tweek things here and there which is good, because my DD didn't get it (especially the floor) until her state meet this past weekend. Guess our tweeking will happen for next year. Your DD looks like she's going to have a very sucessful season at L5! CONGRATS!

Great Job Bug!!!

Sean

This cracked me up!

I totally agree. We saw this on YouTube before you posted here and she looks great! I think she was robbed on vault as well.

Great job! I'm on the she got robbed bandwagon too. Her vault sure looked great to me!

She looked great for only her second Level 5 meet! She definitely improved from her first meet. Once she gets the connections on bars, she will score much better! That is six-tenths right there. The rest of her bar routine looks really good. Floor and beam look great too!

As for vault, I feel your pain. I hesitate to say she was robbed because it's hard to tell from the video angle what she looked like going over the vault. She may have piked or arched and hence the deductions. My dd has been at the high 7, low 8 mark all year and it's due to body shape over the vault. As Blackie mentioned, around here anyway you cannot get into the 9s on vault without both great body shape plus great straight armed blocking off the vault. We've been to four Level 5 meets this year so far and there have been all of three or four nines given out - total for all girls competing, not just our gym!

Meg

She looks great! I really cannot believe this is only her 2nd Level 5 meet.

What did you think of the Chula Vista? We were there for Regions last year. Such a strange sensation walking into the 'bubble'! Did you stay at the hotel and do the waterslides?

She has such beautiful lines for such a young girl. I am not an expert, but I do agree that her vault score seems a little low. My dd also had her second L5 meet this past weekend. She is still working on mastering the infamous vault.

What did you think of the Chula Vista? We were there for Regions last year. Such a strange sensation walking into the 'bubble'! Did you stay at the hotel and do the waterslides?

We actually stayed at the Kalahari. Definately was a weird feeling going thru the rotating doors.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back