2nd meet of season - Outstanding

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

Well DD had 2nd meet today we just go back and our old gym was there! They weren't supposed to be but the parents said they were able to add in a week or so ago. DD was excited about competing against them

She did SOOOOOO well
35.10 AA placed 2nd - and she won the 50/50 raffle to boot. Too bad the girl has no gymnastic skills what so ever LOLOLOL!! She might make it to the Olympics if she did LOL!!

girl that places 1st was from her old gym but was a 3rd year L7. I would hope after doing this for a 3rd year she should have placed first.

Her scores were
Vault - 8.7 placed 6th
Bars - 9.05 places FIRST!!!!
Beam 8.35 - don't know place below 7th as they only went out to 7 places
Floor 9.0 - 4th

As soon as I get the video off the camera I'll give it a post. (this could take a day or so I'm slow at doing that)

Oh I almost forgot her old coach/owner did talk to her at the meet and said she awsome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I so love this report for so many reasons!!! Great job on the meet and the scores and I love that the old coach was there to see your DD shine. We all knew she had it in her and now everybody can see what a true competitor she is.

COngrats on a great weekend, many people are very happy for you both!

Great report, it gives you the warm fuzzies when you see a girl go out and prove others wrong (and get paid to do it with the 50/50 win!!!)

I hope she is soaring with confidence right now because she definitely deserves to! ;)

Great job!! It is a great way to start the meet season.

She has worked long and hard for some well won sucess. Keep up the confidence.

I have always said to parents there is a gym to fit every gymnast you just need to find where it is you feel confortable and go out and shine.

Ok getting better at this video thing but it's still shaky. I only took an hour and a half to get it off the camera this time LOL.. That's half the time

So you can see it a my YouTube page at

YouTube - cher062's Channel

And she is still flying on cloud 9.0 :p!!

At the rate you are going, you will be under and hour next time! LOL! Thanks for sharing the video. She looks great!! What a nice bar routine. And floor is awesome too!! Way to go showing the old coach what a big mistake he made. You have to love that!

WTG to your DD. Guess she showed them didnt she? I bet she is floating on cloud 9.

Way to go! She must have nerves of steel to compete so well in what had to have been a pressure filled situation, she must be thrilled! Glad she got to show the old gym what they are missing out on and get a boost in her confidence as well! A 35 this early in the season (or any time of the season) is pretty darn remarkable, she should be very pleased!

Way to go! She must have nerves of steel to compete so well in what had to have been a pressure filled situation, she must be thrilled! Glad she got to show the old gym what they are missing out on and get a boost in her confidence as well! A 35 this early in the season (or any time of the season) is pretty darn remarkable, she should be very pleased!

That's what I think too a 35 + is great! She is now setting little goal for each meet. The first one was to qualify for Sectionals which she did with a 34.6 (only needed a 31). When she got that score she wanted to get a 35 at her 2nd meet and she did that too. Her next meet she wants at least a 35.5 but really is hoping for a 36. Without that beam connection though its going to be a tough one. But she can do it.

After that meet I still can hear the old gyms comments in my head - She has no skills and will never be able to advance, if she wants to compete then she can only do PrepOp. She is holding the whole team back.

The best part is the bars (wich is her favorite event) was the event her old gym wouldn't let her compete last season in because she supposedly just couldn't get the skills and here she is competing it for the 2nd time at a meet and she is 1st. She is still flying and I have to say I am enjoying the whole thing. I hope by the time she gets to states she will really be at a level where she is going to score fabulous and really put it to her old gym. That won't be until April so who knows how much better she will be by then I can hardly wait.

Well Done!! Bars were beautiful :) That Handspring Front was pretty much perfect! What a great way to continue the season! and my favourite thing of the whole video? THE FLOOR MUSIC OMG I WOULD DIE IF I COULD HAVE HARRY POTTER FOR MY FLOOR MUSIC!!!!!!! OMG SORRY I AM JUST OBSESSED WITH HARRY POTTER! IN FACT IM GOING TO GO READ THE SERIES NOW I THINK!! OMG OMG OMG!!! BEST FLOOR MUSIC EVER!!!!

P.S I am incredibly excited for her showing her old coach what she can do and just had a mini heart attack about the floor music sorry it took so much of my comment :p

Wow!!! Just amazing. She sure showed them. She shined even in a tough situation (being with old gym there), which just shows she has put them behind her and moved on with the gym and coaches that see her potential and believe in her. Her bars were just gorgeous. And her floor routine, we LOVED! Tell her congrats and good luck at her New Year's meet!!

Woo-hoo!! Love that she did so well against her old gym too!! Off to watch the video now--just saw you put it up

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back