Parents 5.5 months later...NO PAIN!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

krisnkids

Proud Parent
I thought I would drop in and give an update on my retired gymmie. She had injured both growth plates in her wrist and done some damage to the ligament in between the two bones. After trying everything else they did a cortizone steroid injection and casted it for a month.

She got the cast off today and for the first time in 5.5 months she could move her wrist with no pain! Now it is on to PT/OT to get mobilit and strength back in the hand/wrist. Still retired from gym but she is excited to get the cast off and be able to use her right hand again. She tries out for high school soccer next month so I am going to get her a tiger paw for that wrist. The doctor recommended using her brace for anything other than sitting just to give it the extra support. I am just worried that if she falls during soccer on that wrist that she could potentially reinjure it again. So what better brace than what gymnasts use right?

good to hear that she is healing and is pain free. Good luck on the H.S. tryout!! I think the tiger paw idea is a great one!!

That's just the kind of news I was hoping for. Too bad about being retired from the sport, but then there are so many opportunities for her to take advantage of that gymnastics will just be a fond (I hope) memory.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back