Parents a brag and a walk down memory lane

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
I remember watching jess first learn to tumble, passes were crooked, coaches having to run along side her to spot,never being 100% sure where the hands would go down and when. Then she was be so excited wanting to show us her first tuck . . .then we moved to a gym with a pit. Trying to land tumbling pass into a pit is scary especially when your not confident, consistant or aware of where you land. I remember watching her coach patiently marking the floor over and over.

Tonight she landed several fulls, for the first time into the pit w/ a mat in it. Watching her I was amazed by how much she has matured and how aware she is of where every part of her is. And I was a bit heart broken she didn't come running out jumping up and down demanding celebrational ice cream. Not to say she wasn't excited, I could see it all over her face in the gym. It was just . . . . More of a big girl response. :( my baby is growing up. Make her stop.

Just wanted to share

I remember watching jess first learn to tumble, passes were crooked, coaches having to run along side her to spot,never being 100% sure where the hands would go down and when. Then she was be so excited wanting to show us her first tuck . . .then we moved to a gym with a pit. Trying to land tumbling pass into a pit is scary especially when your not confident, consistant or aware of where you land. I remember watching her coach patiently marking the floor over and over.

Tonight she landed several fulls, for the first time into the pit w/ a mat in it. Watching her I was amazed by how much she has matured and how aware she is of where every part of her is. And I was a bit heart broken she didn't come running out jumping up and down demanding celebrational ice cream. Not to say she wasn't excited, I could see it all over her face in the gym. It was just . . . . More of a big girl response. :( my baby is growing up. Make her stop.

Just wanted to share

Very sweet! But you really don't want her to stop growing up...;)

I certainly have issues with my baby growing up, too. lol!

She's not only the youngest (of 3) but my only girl. Now that she it starting to enter those tween years I can see a difference in her body and she is starting to sound more mature and developing a more independent style. She no longer fits in my lap and it kills me!! haha!!!

JessMom, I get sentimental too. I will watch her videos from when she was in L2 and almost start tearing up. But it's great to have these memories especially on video. Having said all that I'm loving the beautiful young lady she is becoming!

Last edited:
Congratulations Jess! She is a phenomenal gymnast. We have watched her for the past year on youtube and see hard work and determination oozing out of her. She should be very proud!!:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back