Parents A little frustrated..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OP, Our pre-team also has LOTS of newbies one of their three days a week as of January. I agree with some of the other people on here, everyone has to start somewhere, and there will always be variation in skills within the same level, and there will be lots of times in the future when your daughter gets moved up that she will be the newbie. Maybe if she is getting less attention now it means she will soon be ready to move up? I wouldn't worry about it, this is just how it is.

My daughter's squad has new girls move in (usually at the start of a term) when the coach decides they're ready, and there's no problem at all. Yes, the girls are at different skill levels, but it works fine because the coach treats them all individually. We parents encourage the ones who have been there the longest to help the younger ones, to be friendly towards them, and help them to feel part of the group.

It's not a competition, is it? Its a training squad, isn't it?

They ALL always have different skill levels, because they all have different strengths and weaknesses. Any good coach works with each athlete where they are at, regardless of how long they've been in the class. Or at least all the coaches I've ever met do...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back