WAG AAU Platinum vs USAG Platinum

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey!
Can you help me choose between AAU and USAG platinum? I don't know what I should consider in deciding between the two. If it matters, I'm older than the average gymnast in these levels.

I know nothing about AAU but I would suggest looking into how popular each one is in your area. I would possibly choose the one that is most popular and would therefore have the most meets near you.

Hey!
Can you help me choose between AAU and USAG platinum? I don't know what I should consider in deciding between the two. If it matters, I'm older than the average gymnast in these levels.
AAU follows the USAG requirements exactly. The difference is in the cost of joining and entry fees in meets. Another difference is that AAU modifies some scoring criteria to, in my opinion, make it easier to fulfill requirements and get less deductions. Other than that, they are the same.

AAU follows the USAG requirements exactly. The difference is in the cost of joining and entry fees in meets. Another difference is that AAU modifies some scoring criteria to, in my opinion, make it easier to fulfill requirements and get less deductions. Other than that, they are the same.
Would you say the competition is less in AAU?

Would you say the competition is less in AAU?
No, the gymnasts are equally competitive. It's just that in AAU some deductions cam't be taken that must be taken in USAG, and a few other judging criteria are different which makes it a little easier to score higher than USAG. But at least in our state, AAU is highly competitive and taken seriously.

No, the gymnasts are equally competitive. It's just that in AAU some deductions cam't be taken that must be taken in USAG, and a few other judging criteria are different which makes it a little easier to score higher than USAG. But at least in our state, AAU is highly competitive and taken seriously.
I see thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back