AAU Team Trials

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jamarie

Proud Parent
Anyone else going to the AAU National Team/Stars of Tomorrow trials in Indianapolis next weekend (Feb 16-17)? We have five team members going. Looking forward to cheering them on, but not the 8 hour drive!

DD made the AAU National team! She placed 2nd on trampoline and double-mini. Tomorrow is tumbling. I'm so proud of her!

I'm new to girls' gymnastics (first year with my girls competing). But our state meet isn't until the end of April. (they are AAU) How are they already having nationals when some states having had their state meets yet?

I'm new to girls' gymnastics (first year with my girls competing). But our state meet isn't until the end of April. (they are AAU) How are they already having nationals when some states having had their state meets yet?

T&T isn't artistic. The calendars are different.

And as I recall, the AAU & USTA National Team Trials are during the season &, among other things, they get to show off at nationals (in the summer).

oop! I have been looking at posts by "new posts" and didn't even realize what forum this was in. I'll try to remember to pay more attention to that!:eek:

We were going to go, but my daughter (9 year old sub-advanced) decided to wait and try out for USTA national team in a couple of years. Dd's coach is a USTA national team coach. There apparently is no "real benefit" to being on the Stars of Tomorrow team or the AAU National Team at all...there are no extra training camps, no team trips, no perks at all. the kids that make it get a leotard and and a warm up and are required to attend Junior Olympics for 2 years in a row (so that they can be recognized during the celebration of athletes or something. That's it. Too bad it isn't more like USTA national team where they get some extra training with national team coaches.

DD was going to try out for USTA national team until a back injury the season after she qualified elite. She took almost two years off before returning to the competition team this fall. AAU national team may not be as "prestigious" as USTA, but she did beat out current USTA team members competing this past weekend. I'm new to this, but they do get to go to a paid training camp in June. Not national team coaches, but she's fine with that:)

Well, in all honesty, USTA national team isn't THAT big a deal. Well, it's a big deal as in that it's a great goal for athletes to work toward, but there is nowhere to go from there, you know what I mean? Like, the "national team" doesn't represent the country, they represent the USTA...I really wish it could be more than it is (for aau and USTA) I absolutely love power tumbling and my daughter eats it up. She can't wait to try out for national team and I can't wait for her to meet her goal.

Congratulations to your daughter! We know lots of the kids on the aau team and stars of tomorrow. Maybe we will run into you guys in Detroit this year :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back