???? about perfect 10. Vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
Ok so I have a questions about USAG Level 10 Vault values.

During event finals at Northern Lights meet this past weekend a level 10 gymnast got a perfect 10. BTW she doe a hand front full. It is a beautiful vault don't get me wrong but she took a step on the landing.

The website with the video www.gymnastike.com of the event finals states her SV was a 9.8 plus a bonus which makes it a 10.1 SV. How does this work and what are vault bonuses?? I had no idea your vaule could be more than a 10 in JO.

I m not questioning the score only trying to understand the scoring of it.

Thanks for the info. If you have not watched the video it is fun to watch!!

Great video. Amazing height on that. Maybe there is a bonus for a stuck landing? But I do not know the JO programme. I am sure someone more informed than I am will answer.

Watch the interview for an explanation. She got a bonus of .1 minus .1 for the step which is a 10.0. She was suprised but so happy too. I didn't know there were bonuses either. But I am still at the beginning of gymnastics with my daughter.

That score wasn't realistic. She performed that vault as part of the finals at the meet, where they notoriously give high scores for fun. The 9.875 you can hear them talking about is what she scored during the regular portion of the meet. The vault is worth a 10.0.

This year is the first year for the .1 vault bonus. Certain vaults with a 10.0 start value are awarded a .1 bonus if they are performed sucessfully. This is to encourage different and more challenging vaults.

Flippers teammate that competed in the Nastia Cup has received a 10 twice this year on vault - both in regular USAG meets. On the first one, the .1 helped because she took a tiny step. On the second 10, the judges said it would have been a 10 even without the .1 difficulty bonus. Spectacular!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back