Parents About to faint over the price of this leotard

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok we got the notice about cost on leos

we have to put an $80 deposit for the leo and a $100 deposit for the warm up suit I'm not sure if that is the total price or not the notice just said deposit but the owner said they try to keep the prices low and the booster club helps raise funds to help defray the cost of these things. I've never had experienced a gym with a booster club so this will be new for me.

There is no official bag but the owner told me that the ones the girls are carrying the booster club decided to get for the girls. He said he would let them know about DD (and there is another new girl) and see if they can order her one but he doesn't care what bag is used. We might have to pay for the bag instead of the booster club paying I said that would be fine because I know DD will want the same bag as all the other girls.

I guess too last year the booster club raised funds to get the optional girls all new grips so now they all have the sameones and DD was hinting last night that she feels weird with different grips. I told her forget it your not getting new grips those ones aren't even a year old yet. When she outgrows the grips she can get the ones the rest of the team has.

Our gym the leos and warm ups cost about $300 total and we use them for several years. The gym will also help us to resell them as they get too small. However, at our gym, my youngest did competitive cheer for 2 years and they got new uniforms both years. Oldest competed gymnastics 2 years and they got new leotards and warm up suits both years. Youngest has competed gym for 2 years and guess what--yes, new leotards the second year. The lucky part for me was that for both girls, we got used uniforms the first year that they competed. I can't imagine the prices for ice hockey. Good for us, that we don't have that in the south! My oldest plays competitive softball and it is honestly about the same price as gym. I don't even blink when I have to write a check for lessons or for a new bat! I got so used to gym prices that when the other moms talk about how expensive it is, I just smile.

Just had our meeting - $273.50 for leo and warmups.

Also - bags are ordered separately through the pro shop, so that answers that!

Long time no post...lol My dd used to do gymnastics until we moved to Texas and it became a lot more high pressure then she wanted. We moved to cheer, I just dropped $500 for Uniform and warmup :eek:
I found her preteam leo in a goodwill bag the other day and almost started crying, I told her she was never allowed to give it away and it only cost me $60. I would bronze a $200 leo! lol
Good new is we may be back in the sport with our littlest one! She is 6 and has played soccer for the last 3 years, all of a sudden she wants to do gymnastics, I smiled inside :)

We recently changed gyms, and we are having to purchase a new leo and warm up this year. The good thing is that this is the year that the gym is changing the warm up and leotards, so we will keep the same ones next year! We just got the price of the leo, and it is $239, we have yet to get the warm up price. At the old gym we had to purchase a comp leo and a team leo, which was basically ony ordered to do a team pic. so it was a waste of money to us parents!! The leo is beautiful but you would that it is made of gold, my daughter is 8 years old, so there really isn'tthat much material involved! lol!!

yep!! that's the norm! We are getting new warm ups $220 new leo $160, new choreography $225. That doesn't even include monthly tuition, assessment fees, competition fees etc. This year dd made it to regionals and she was the only one from her team to do so...so that wound up costing around two thousand, which included our traveling expenses, hotel, plus her coaches. Next year I hope she's not the only one!!!! All in all it averages around $7,000 a year. This year was alot more because of regionals. Not a sport to get into unless your child is really serious about it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back