WAG active flex rapid improvement

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello,

I don't have a specific question concerning myself or my gymnastics, but more a general question because I am really into this and love to learn things about gymnastics.

My gym focusses on active flex A LOT. Kicks with bands, snapping to splits hanging from a bar etc. It is usually done everyday for about 10-15minutes after stretching.

However, what I noticed when I was still on team and we started as well as what I see with our younger gymnasts now - active flex seems to improve very quickly at first, but seems to stall after this first phase.
For example, when I started, my leaps were HORRIBLE. Once I got the hangover, they were okay. When I started practicing with my team and did all of those band kicks, got better oversplits etc, it improved very quickly and I could almost hit 180° in my split jumps.

I continued working, but it seemed I didn't improved at all. Sure I got more confident doing them, I did them on beam etc. But concerning better splits in the air - no improvement.

I am now still doing them on a daily basis when I practice my routines and as a part of my conditioning station.

I noticed the same with my teammates and other girls at my gym as well. Why is that?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back