DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Does kicking / raising the leg above horizontal going into the second aerial break the connection?

Yes...side aerials...thank you.

I believe that I read that if it goes over 45º, the connection is broken... so I am pretty positive that raising it to horizontal definitely would.

Alright...now we have 45 degrees and horizontal...anyone know which it is?

Watched a girl at the last meet connect aerial aerial with a big kick in the middle...both judges talked about it for a while and both agreed that the skill were connected with no break in rhythm. They then said they could not give the connection because she kicked above horizontal.

I have looked for this rule...anyone know where it is written.

Did you like it, or were you a bit bummed by the way it was done?

It looked excellent with the high kick...it was fast and powerful with no rhythm break at all. I do not like this rule.

I'd say it's a series if there's no reversal of the center of mass and appears to be either rotating up from the landing or down to the next take off, or moving along the length of the beam.

But I'm also sure that fig isn't listening.

I'd say it's a series if there's no reversal of the center of mass and appears to be either rotating up from the landing or down to the next take off, or moving along the length of the beam.

But I'm also sure that fig isn't listening.

That's the funny part...both judges said that it was definitely connected...but the rule stopped the series.

As she swings the dominant leg through after the first aerial. In this video the girl stays under 45ish which is in the okay range. Though I could easily see how a routine with a larger kick could be more connected than this one is.

The posted video was not the particular series in question, nor was I posting it as an ideally connected series, just as an example for Arron to visualize the "kick" that was being talked about. There's not a whole lot to choose from when you search aerial+aerial series on youtube and I couldn't think of anyone who did the series at the moment.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back