Alex's 5th EXCEL Meet...she had a blast!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
Alex competed at 12:30 on Saturday so we did not have to get up at the crack of dawn....always a plus!!!
The drive was about 2 hours but we rode with another teammate so it was a fun trip!!

The meet was at Southeast Missouri State. The college team competed the night before and one of Alex's old teammates now competes for them. We did not get to go watch so Alex was a little bit bummed about that.

This is one of our favorite meets of the year. The energy is always really high.

Here is the link to youtube

Alex Spectrum Invitational 2012 - YouTube

First event was floor.....best routine she has done all year. 9.5!!! She has never in her career scored that on floor!!! She was over the moon!!!

Next was vault. This is not her strongest event but she really came on strong at this meet!! 8.5 has been scoring high 7's and low 8's.

Then to bars! Midway through the season the judges and coaches have come to the realization that the girls in excel were not meeting the requirements.

Lots of confusion at the judging table but she still got a 10.0 SV (she was very happy about that!!). It has something to do with the requirements and there was confustion about the start values and if they had all the requirements. Another topic though.
She scored 8.3. 2nd place

Then Beam. ahhhhh the beam. Fell on her series but landed her full turn (huge fear for her) 8.3
AA 34.5

We went for pizza after !!!! All in all it was a great day!!!

She looked fantastic! Great scores! WTG! Especially her floor...I love her slow slide into split to her finishing pose - really pretty :) And good for her for going for the free hip to HS. I am sure she will be nailing it before the end of the season! So glad she had a great time.

she did a great job. she really seems to enjoy her floor routine, very graceful. congrat's to her on a great meet

9.5 well good for her!!!!!! That falls into the crazy high category! Congratulations..I love that she is so happy and having such a great and successful year! That darn beam, one of these days she is going to kick butt on it, I just know it!

Congratulations to your dd on a great meet! She is a beautiful, graceful gymnast. And I especially love her smile. It's obvious she loves what she does.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back