Alternative for viewing Universal Sports coverage for NON USA viewers

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay so this is thought for the Canadians, and other non US folk.

During other US meets lately I have been able to watch the Universal online coverage using the funky Mozilla fix, it has also allowed me to watch Dance moms and other trash that non USA viewers are usually locked out of.

http://www.reddit.com/r/entertainment/comments/9sfen/colbert_skewers_beck_for_constant_tears/c0e8jfp

Edit to add at step five the link does not work,http://imgur.com/Feb4.png but it was only to show how something looks. Just click on the OPTIONS button in the Modify Headings box and click on Always On. Then click Okay and you are good to go. Just did this on hubby's PC and it worked great.

So with that thought in mind I used Internet explorer to go to the Univesal link http://www.universalsports.com/gymnastics/events/event=US0100719/viewers-guide/index.htmlWhen I clicked on "watch it", up popped the usual "We’re sorry, but the video you are attempting to access is not available in your area.".

Then I used Mozilla (which already has the funky fix done) and went to the same link at the top of this thread. BUT, this time when I clicked on watch, I was taken to the subscription screen.

I guess I will subscribe to it and see what happens, worst case scenario I lose $20 USD and see what I get.

EDIT - I purchased the subscription using a Canadian credit card and adress, plus the USAGYM discount I found on GGMB, and paid $14.99 for the possibility of worlds. Seems like a great investment. The whole process went through no problem at all.

Last edited:
Thanks Bog for sharing, $15 US is not a big spend, will be worth the risk. Do you know if the firefox fix works for the BBC footage?

it would be good if you guys could let me know if it works with the Beeb, I have a friend in Ireland who can't get some programmes on the iplayer who would love to.

'Margo

I believe the article on USA Gymnastics site said the universalsports.com was going to be charging 19.99 for viewing access - regardless of your location. It is simply a subscription, rather than streaming it for free. So those in the US may be in the same boat.

As stated in the USA Universal thread World coverage by Universal is subscription only. Only USA residents can view it after paying the fee. Though I also gave the code for a $5 discount upthread.

Using the fix listed above it will allow non-USA residents to subscribe to the event and therefore give them access to the coverage.

I don't think I said it was free anywhere. THOUGH in the next week I may be able to get my hands on some links that will give free coverage, though not necessarily in English.

At the risk of sounding, um, less intelligent, lol, is the subscription only for the live feed of the world's? Is it similar to the Visa Championships where anyone can watch for free AFTER the fact?

TIA.

I understand the subscription is for the live and archived meet. NOt sure that you will be able to watch frre that way. Though I am sure it will pop un somewhere else for free.

yes, the fee is to be able to watch Worlds - Live or after the fact. They still have 2010 Worlds on their site.....for a fee ;). I wish that I could find a Live link for free.....Don't even care if it's in English, Spanish, Dutch or Japanese......I just want to watch :)

THere will be something. Someone on GGMB found a Chinese one and a Spanish one up until now. I will post them closer to the date when it is clear they will work.

Sad thing is that no one is covering qualifications.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back