Parents And the level is...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Trixiebelle

Proud Parent
Both. Yep...both. silver and level 7! Actually I agree with the logic behind it. Most team members are struggling with the BHS on beam and the giant on bars. Dd has the giant and BHS is intermittent. The plan is to finalize the routines for Floor and beam and those who can, will. But those who are missing the main 7 elements, ie most of the team, silver will allow for some fun competing while locking up necessary moves for 7. There are 3 7 events in late feb and march leading up to April states. We have 5 silver events, concluding in June with nationals in florida.... Gulp...

So, our first meet has been scratched and the team starts competing in mid-January.

Glad you got the answers! And how funny that it is both! Good luck with the busy season - hopefully she can keep it all straight.

This must have been the weekend to figure out the levels. I just got a message from DD's coach saying that she would be moving up to the next level. She's ecstatic!

Congrats to your daughter!

Glad you got your answer. I followed your other thread, but there were already more than enough responses, LOL! My DD is struggling with fears, and is actually making some good headway. So we are in the same boat for every meet. I've told Kayla that I don't care what level she is and that seems to be helping (not saying your not doing this, I know you are). Anyway, she has a meet in less than 2 weeks and we haven't been "told" that she is competing 5 instead of 6 but the rules of the gym are they must be able to compete all the skills in at least 3 events and she is not there yet so looks level 5 is where we are at. Glad to see she is still trying hard, but not freaking out about not being able to compete 6 yet. It will come when she is ready...

Well, it sounds like all the waiting was for a good reason - they really didn't know where the team would be. It also sounds like the coaches have come up with a good solution, so yay for your DD!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back