Ankle pain from pronation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

misshoneybee

Proud Parent
My daughters feet pronate, is there a way to deal with the associated ankle pain by taping or using an ankle wrap while in practice? If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Take her to a sports medicine doctor. My dd had/has this issue and there are exercises she can do to help. Mine also wore FABs foot supports in the gym, pricey but effective.

My daughters feet pronate, is there a way to deal with the associated ankle pain by taping or using an ankle wrap while in practice? If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

My daughter's feet also pronate. Our sports medicine dr told us to get inserts for her sneakers...the name escapes me right now but you can get them at a sporting goods store...they are ~$50...not the cheap ones they sell at Target etc!

Maybe someone else reading this will remember the name....I can see the package perfectly!

Also, we went to a specialty running store. The salesperson there said that Asics sneakers are the best brand for feet that pronate and if she wore those she would not need the inserts. She couldn't find any that were fashionable enough for her so we got the inserts and 'cool sneakers' instead.

That being said, the dr also told her that wearing Converse, flip flops, Uggs and flats are the worst things she can do for her feet/posture/body. He said if she has to wear those, use the inserts and only wear occasionally.

Works fine for us as she really loves her running shoes! But you might want to consider the shoes your daughter is wearing on a daily basis and at the very least buy the good inserts as support.

If she's having some pain, it would be best to have her seen by a doc to get specific recommendations for any taping etc.

My daughter's feet also pronate. Our sports medicine dr told us to get inserts for her sneakers...the name escapes me right now but you can get them at a sporting goods store...they are ~$50...not the cheap ones they sell at Target etc!

Maybe someone else reading this will remember the name....I can see the package perfectly!

Also, we went to a specialty running store. The salesperson there said that Asics sneakers are the best brand for feet that pronate and if she wore those she would not need the inserts. She couldn't find any that were fashionable enough for her so we got the inserts and 'cool sneakers' instead.

That being said, the dr also told her that wearing Converse, flip flops, Uggs and flats are the worst things she can do for her feet/posture/body. He said if she has to wear those, use the inserts and only wear occasionally.

Works fine for us as she really loves her running shoes! But you might want to consider the shoes your daughter is wearing on a daily basis and at the very least buy the good inserts as support.

Superfeet insoles? that's what my DD doc and chiro recommended. Also no flip flops, uggs, ect,

My DD has just got yet another injury (sigh) and it turns out she has damaged a ligament in her ankle because of pronation and impact from tumbling. We are seeing a physiotherapist who showed me how to tape her foot to support the arch. She also has a list of exercises to do. If your DD is having pain I would recommend seeing a doctor or physiotherapist.

well....guess what? we received the same information from our doc too. Wear ASICS stability running shoes and she has custom orthotics too. I guess I just need to figure out which ankle support or how to tape her ankle for arch support. Niki - I hope your daughter gets better soon!

Thanks, Misshoneybee! The taping is fairly simple to do and seems to work well for arch support.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back