WAG Ankles during vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I’m a Xcel Silver gymnast who is currently upgrading my vault to the Gold vault (fhs over table with springboard vs. fhs over mat stack with airboard) because it is post season. Towards the end of the season I started running on my toes instead of flat feet and getting faster. This helped my vaulting tremendously but I notice it has taken a toll on my ankles. I’ve always had weak ankles so even a simple fhs hurts my ankles. It isn’t always but almost ever practice, and least one of them will start hurting. My coach knows and I’m going to talk to her about solutions but I was just curious is anyone has had something similar. Also, how may I prevent this by like running different way or taping my ankles a certain way. I don’t know but any help would be appreciated!

Ok that’s good to know. Luckily, we have a physical therapist available at our gym. I was a little bit hesitant because I have never seen her before for anything. But, I think it has gotten to the point where I should talk to her. Thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back