Parents Another After Break Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kristie

Proud Parent
I was talking to my hubs about ways to help keep her arm safe while it finishes healing without a cast. The doc wants her moving and using as much as possible so no sling or ACE on it on a regular basis. But when she hits the gym tomorrow, does it sound ridiculous to put an ACE on it for a little more support? He sort of rolled his eyes at me but I just want to be safe. He's far less paranoid than I am, can you tell? He figures the ortho would have mentioned if that was necessary but I think that he's a busy guy and sometimes they don't think of everything before a patient walks out. Also, could it really hurt to be bandaged for an hour once a week? I think not.

I guess the question is, do you think it will offer any support or will it just be a waste of money?

Call the doctor's office and ask. Our docs had both my ds (after an ulna/radial break) and dd (after a broken thumb) to start back in a soft brace for the first two weeks, as the areas were weak and they did not want to risk re-injury.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back