Another meet in the books

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Not many boys on here..but thought i would try :)

D jsut finished another meet (level5). He had a rough start! 13.3 on vault...not his best. He pulled it together for 14.7s on Parallel bars and high bar, 15.3 on floor, 14.8 on pommel and 15.1 on Rings. He finished first in the all around for his age group! He was so excited. He was actually more excited when the pommel judge called him over when he got done and told him that was the best pommel routine he had seen all year, and gavehim a fist bump. I think that meant more than any score or trophy :)

2 weeks off now until the next BIG meet. He is so excited to be having such a great season this year.

Sounds like an awesome meet for him! We didn't do that meet today, but we did it last year. I think it's a fun one for the boys with the costumes and everything. Congrats to Derek!

I think that is why they like it! The 5's won the costume contest in their session, then the 6-10's won the contest in their session. The optionals have a lot of fun on floor too...playing little tricks. Our 5s played a trick on the coach by wearing bright obnoxious colored socks, mismatched, during stretching. They ended up competing in them. It was really cute. I was looking for you guys, then realized they hadn't announced you as being there! maybe we will run into each other at OTC!

Sounds like he had a great meet! I have a struggling young 1st year level 5 so its nice to see that things will get better. Way to go on the pommel horse - my husband watched his first meet ever today and was amazed that anyone could do it.

[video=facebook;10150662261974515]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150662261974515[/video]

Not sure if this will work or not..but here is his pommel

Congratulations! Pommel is such a tough event -- so wonderful that he's doing so well in it! And his floor must have been really terrific as well. (And as for vault, well, that's my son's worst event right now. You'd think a simple straight jump . . . .)

LOL! that stinking vault! I wish they got 2 shots at it :) At level 4, my ds actually missed the mat and landed back down on the springboard during warm ups of a meet! It was hysterical....

Sounds like he had a great meet and I like how the judge took the time to let him know how well he did :). Way to go!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back