WAG Anyone else have a meet on Super Bowl Sunday?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We've got one. During the broadcast. I'll still be there watching my favorite thing in sports- my daughter doing gymnastics.

Yep...March in is at 4:30. Supposedly awards are supposed to take place at 6pm. The venue is at a sports complex (not the hosting gym), so I'm thinking/hoping they're going to have multiple sets of all the equipment. I mean, our session is levels 3, 4, & 6 with approximately 60 gymnasts!! Obviously, it's not a huge meet with massive turnout, but our first meet had 60 gymnasts and that took 3.5 hours before awards!

A couple years ago we were at a meet during play-offs at a large convention center that had wi-fi and several of the dads were following the game on ipads and phones. It was a very close game and several times there were outbursts of cheering from the stands during times when there was nothing going on at the meet to cheer for...it was quite amusing actually.
One meet around here on Superbowl Sunday had "ref" shirts for all the judges and meet officials and decorated in the colors of the football teams that were playing.

We do, it is 5 hours away. Her session actually starts around 1pm, then I have to drive home afterwards. We probably won't get out of there until 6 pm. they have the longest awards ever! I don't care about the Super Bowl, I am more concerned about the crazy drunks, who will be driving home afterwards. I may just stay in a hotel for an additional night.

I just realized we will be at DD's last meet during the Super Bowl. Can you tell that I really don't follow pro football? ;) Hubby will not be there but not because of the Super Bowl, but because he has to be at work the next day (out of town meet).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back