Parents Anyone get Summer Schedules?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What are your child's summer workout hours? Select level and number of hours.

• Compulsory - 9 hours/week and under

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Compulsory - 10 hours/week and up

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Optional - 12 hours/week and under

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Optional - 13 - 16 hours/week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Optional - 17 - 20 hours/week

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Optional - 21 - 24 hours/week

• Optional - 25 hours/week and up

• Elite - 30 hours/week and under

• Elite - 31 hours/week and up

• Total voters
When does your club hand out summer schedules?

Ours is not officially out just yet but since I am a coach I know my daughter will be training 4 nights a week for 4 hours.

Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 4-8.
So much for evenings dinners! Oh well.

I wish!! We won't see those until June sometime. I am hoping for last years schedule where they had evening hours so DD can do stuff during the day with her friends.

DD is also keeping the 4hrs./4x/week. Mon. & Thurs. 7a.m.-11a.m. and Tues. Fri. 10a.m-2p.m. We drive 45mins. to practice! Yikes, she will get up by 5:45a.m. But what can you do?

DD will be going 3x per week for 4 hours (2-6pm). It wouldn't be so bad except that my other dd is in a daycare 30 min away that closes at 5:30pm. and I work full time. Was really hoping for nights, mornings, or practice ending at 5pm. Now it looks like I'll have to drop of my gymmie at lunch time and then do the whole trip again at rush hour. With gas prices going up - not looking forward to it (unfortunately no one lives near us with practice at the same time for carpools).

Ours is out. DD has gym M-F from 8:00-12:30 and one afternoon from 1:30-3:30. I'm hoping to sign her up for an hour of dance one afternoon as well. This schedule works well for us because my older two kids have swim practice M-F at 8:00 am so the whole family is up early, I get to work early and can therefore leave a little earlier.

My DDs gym does morning practices in the summer and we like it. Gets it over with and she has the rest of the day free to do whatever, swim (without worrying about getting too exhausted), go with friends, etc. They do 3hrs/4x a week for a total of 12 hours. :)

Because my daughter's gym gets very crowded during the day (camps bringing kids in for field trips, rec classes still going on), her coach has decided to leave 2 out of the 3 days at the regular time (4-7). Fridays will be 12:00-3:30. That's fine for many of the parents since most work full-time. Makes scheduling easier for them.

We haven't officially got ours but I saw it the other night. She will go Mon nights 4-8, Tues afternoon 1-5 and Wed,Thurs, Fri 8:30-1:00. We really like this schedule, still leaves time for the pool and beach but also gives her a couple of days to sleep in.

Our summer gym schedule:

MONDAY
Rylee {Level 4} 4:30-7
Alexis {Tumbling Team} 5:30-7:30
McKenzee Grace {K3} 5:15-6
Austin {Tumbling} 6:30-7:30

TUESDAY
Alexis {Level 5} 8:30-2 {with 45 minute lunch break}
Rylee {Tumbling Team} 10-12

WEDNESDAY
Rylee {Level 4} 8:30-11
Alexis and Rylee: Private Lessons 11-12:30
Alexis {Level 5} 5-8

THURSDAY
Alexis {Level 5} 8:30-11:30
Rylee {Level 4} 4:30-7
Alexis {Tumbling Team} 5:30-7:30

FRIDAY
Rylee {Level 4} 8:30-11
Austin {Tumbling} 9:30-10:30
Alexis {Level 5} 11:30-2:30

We are 30 miles from the gym so it ends up being a lot of trips for us.

Plus Austin does Karate for 45 minutes on Friday evenings and Alexis does horseback riding for 1 hour {we haven't set our summer time for this yet}. Alexis, Austin and Rylee take piano lessons on Saturdays.

We have not but I am in the know so to speak......

Optionals Level 7-9:
Mon eve:5-8:30
Tue, wed, & Thurs 8:30-12:30
Fri-(if wanted) 8:30-12:30

Level Prep-6

Unsure but mid-day for sure excpet maybe Mondays....its a yucky schedule for them. They go 3 days with an optional 4th day except Prep they go 2 days.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Erin you are superwoman!!!!

We don't have the summer schedule yet, but i think it will only be twice a week in the evenings. DD will also go to daycamp at the gym once or twice a week.

Monique

we have had ours since January or February can't remember but we have had it for a while. If my daughter moves to team she will go Monday and Wednesday from 3-6 and Thursday 9-12. If she stays on Preteam her schedule is Monday and Friday 9-11 and Wednesday 5-7

We just got ours and I'm happy about it. Practice will be 3 days a week from 8:30-11:30. The days of the week will depend on what level dd winds up in after her state meet in a few weeks. Morning practice allows them to work out before it gets too hot since the gym doesn't have a/c and it gives us the rest of day to do as we please.

I already vented about this in another thread. It still smarts a little bit, so forgive me if I seem grouchy :D, lol

Our coaches decided to split the boys and girls team. I'm the only parent at the gym with a boy and a girl teamer. Sucks to be me, I know.

Mon Tue Thur Fri for my dd: 8am to noon
Tue Thur Fri for my ds: Noon to 3:30

and then on weeks I work, since the rec schedule is staying the same(Im at the front desk) I'm there from 3:30 to 8-8:30ish.
We also live 30 minutes from our gym. Good thing my mom lives close...we may be moving into her house for a couple months.

I hate summer.

We got ours back in January. My daughter's level will be Monday thru Wednesday and Friday 9-noon. Thursdays are an optional day, same hours. My son's classes will still be in the evenings, so I will be heading back on Monday and Thursday nights.

Reading some of these schedules is crazy! 2-6, I wonder how most parents get kids there. I suppose relatives and carpools would come into play!!

Hope we all stay cool this summer! Lots of gym with no A/C I am guessing. Luckily ours does have it!!

Does my dd go to the only gym that does not change the schedule for summer??

I do wish they did summer training in the morning though. Then we could do something afterward without the need to worry about stopping to get to gym on time or dd being worn out when she got there. Oh well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back