WAG Anyone with experience with Severs and PT?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

pain scale.jpg
we love this chart, Pink and I often joke in the car about Bees BEES!

So just an aside, measured Pink today and she has grown 1 1/2 inches since April, which is a big growth spurt for her, a contributing factor to her pain I think. She has now hit the 5 ft mark !

Reactions: sce
Update- took munch to both podiatrist and my normal pedi/sports ortho......they both agreed -She is not in pain during school and normal activity so, no boot. Podiatrist prescribed very good inserts for her sneakers, and of course, lots of stretching. The ortho gave up PT, and said her calves are very tight.....they also found something very curious.....one calf is bigger than the other! [emoji33]
Ortho said its not a concern since she begins her leaps on that leg.....I hope the PT addresses this.......
So no impact for a week- tons of stretching, PT, ice, and strengthening.....I'm trying some natural antiinflamatories......curamin, etc.....we will see.....

Update- took munch to both podiatrist and my normal pedi/sports ortho......they both agreed -She is not in pain during school and normal activity so, no boot. Podiatrist prescribed very good inserts for her sneakers, and of course, lots of stretching. The ortho gave up PT, and said her calves are very tight.....they also found something very curious.....one calf is bigger than the other! [emoji33]
Ortho said its not a concern since she begins her leaps on that leg.....I hope the PT addresses this.......
So no impact for a week- tons of stretching, PT, ice, and strengthening.....I'm trying some natural antiinflamatories......curamin, etc.....we will see.....

I took dd to a PT when one calf was bigger than the other - and he was able to see that her lumbar region was "impinged"? Hope I'm remembering that right. Bottom line was that she had tweaked her back screwing around on a tramp one day and flipping into the pit (at a summer camp - not training). We rested it, and she healed. But what PT thinks happened, is that her body was compensating for the injury, protecting the back. We never noticed until almost 2 months later - no back pain - but her calf was noticeably bigger and beginning to cramp and give her problems.

Anyhoo --- he stretched her out, gave her exercises to do, and manipulated her a bit (like massage). She started walking with more normal hip action, and the calf problem resolved. She is pretty even sized now in her calves...

Your comment just reminded me of this scenario, so I thought I'd mention it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back