Apparently, a week off does the body good!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

k2bdeutmeyer

Coach
Proud Parent
DD had last week off of gym while the gym prepared for summer classes & had their team pictures and banquet. At her last strength test she had a vertical jump of 5in, 0 leg lifts, no splits (R or L) - she was about 2-3in off the ground, a 21 sec hollow hold, and a 27 sec arch hold.

The did their beginning of the session strength testing last night and DD increased her vertical jump by 1.5in, her hollow hold to 1.5 min, and her arch hold to 43 sec!! But that isn't even what impresses me the most. As of 2 weeks ago (her last week before the break) she still could not do any leg lifts and had her splits a few inches off the ground. Last night she not only did both R & L leg splits all the way down, but did it with her leg elevated on a panel mat (1/2 unfolded)!!! And then she proceded to do 2.5 leg lifts!!!!

I stood in the parents area stunned. Where did this kid come from?? :)

when i take a week off my brain goes numb and i gain 5 pounds...geesh...to be young once again.:)

Congrats! I know last year I was shocked after a week of vacation that my DD came back and got new skills, specifically her RO-BHS and FHC her first practice back. It didn't make sense to me, but her dad said that sometimes the mental break leaves them feeling refreshed and ready to go.

Great!

I'm letting my dd take next week off before summer hours start. She asked for a break so I feel she must really need it. I hope she feels refreshed and ready to go!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back