Arm Position at End of Floor Routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
DD is competing L6 this season. She's rocking her core skills, but she's always been a little lacking in presentation and poise (in particular her arm positions). She has it in her head that she wants to do a "muscle pose" with her arms at the end of the routine. The coaches have said they would think about it. My question is -- how do you think judges will respond to something like that? She's a bit of a team clown so is definitely going for laugh. But she's also a very talented gymnast and I don't want something silly to set a bad impression.

I would hope that if the overall routine is well executed it won't really matter, but I don't want the last thing the judges see to set a bad impression. I'm particularly interested in comments from judges and coaches, but any experience or reaction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Saw a kid do that at a meet a few weekends ago and the judges smiled. That said, I don't think they get points for that end pose. Routine is over, deductions are taken and as long as they have the "text" part of the pose correct, not sure it matters. Of course, I could be wrong. :)

I'd let a gymnast do it, probably. That's the one part of the compulsary routine where they get to show their personality.

I don't think the end pose matters. Around here, once you score a 9 or above on floor you get to pick your own ending pose. There was a girl on dd's team that did the muscle pose at the end and it always elicited a smile from the girls, parents, coaches and judges. It is just funny to see the girls do that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back