ASac Hurt... What a bummer!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Empowered

Proud Parent
Just saw the following tweet... "Alicia Sacramone was injured today at practice and is being evaluated. Aly Raisman took a short dismount off beam but is fine."

What a bummer for her and team USA. Hoping she is okay!

Ahhh!...be OK...be OK!

Does that mean Shawn will be going to Japan??? I hope so cause as it is right now we need someone like her I wish team USA had better luck....... as it is right now this is the first time in 8 or 9 years that we haven't had someone from WOGA correct me if I am wrong. I hope we have a solid team before next year because for now I really can't tell how Worlds will even go and I usually can.

Just saw the following tweet... "Alicia Sacramone was injured today at practice and is being evaluated. Aly Raisman took a short dismount off beam but is fine."

What a bummer for her and team USA. Hoping she is okay!

NOOOOOO!!!! She is such a strong leader for this team... I sure hope whatever it is, she heals quickly!

Really, really not liking waking up to this. I am not an American, but all gymnasts need to stay healthy for this. Hoping this is a nothing.

They should've dragged Shawn to Tokyo just in case, but I would rather see the team that was sent do the job it was sent to do.

Last edited:
i feel so sad about this. i also think it is very concerning that 3 of oyr gymbasts have been hurt in the last week, with Anna Li on this list too. i know that many injuries are a fluke. But....... when you look @ the big picture in rrcent years of US gymnasts being hurt so close to the big meets, where we need them healthy and where they have worked so hard to get, it really makes me wonder about the bigger issue of are we doing right by these girls? is there a better way?

I don't understand why they are being pushed so hard right up to the meet. If they aren't ready by now, then what is last minute training going to do to these over tired girls other than get them injured? This is disastrous. Watch, Shawn is going to hop a plane and kick butt at the meet because she will be the most rested of all of them.

^^^^ I think not, getting on a plane, travelling, dealing with a 12 hour time difference and have to compete on equipment that you have not trained on, is not a recipe for success. Agree with Bog, it's up to the girls that are already there.

This really made me sad when I read the news this morning. I hope the girls are okay at qualifications and that ASac hears good news about her achilles tendon.

Gosh that is so sad to see!
I hope it's nothing to serious.

And I wish the other girls luck, I'm sure they'll still do great!

Such a bummer Alicia S is my fav

I do not think Shawn is up to Worlds yet ....unless she has gained much since Visa's she was pretty rough looking....she needs tim to gain her feet under her.

It is always toobad when they are hurt. I wish they could stay healthy.

i feel so sad about this. i also think it is very concerning that 3 of oyr gymbasts have been hurt in the last week, with Anna Li on this list too. i know that many injuries are a fluke. But.......

Don't forget Rebecca Bross! And Chelsea Memmel. Almost all of our top gymnasts are hurt :( Not good.

Oh no, not good at all. Really hope the rest of the girl's stay injury free! Poor ASac, what a time to get injured!

So sad! I was really looking forward to seeing her perform. She's come so far and worked so ahrd. I can't imagine what it must feel like to get to worlds and then get injured and not be able to compete. :( Poor girl...

Alicia will be flying home early for treatment. She is still on the team roster though, so I guess she will get a medal if the team does. BUt if they really need Anna Li, they will not be able to tuse her even though she has still been training her bar set.

Poor, poor Alicia. BUt I feel really bad for Li.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back