Coaches Back Flip Hand Position on Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

kez

Hi - I've had a look on this forum but I can't find it anywhere. Can someone please tell me the theory behind which hand goes in front when completing a backflip on beam and why? I know it has something to do with preventing the shoulders from twisting but I'd really like to know the reasoning behind it.

Thanks.

If you land with your right leg in front, then you're right hand should be in front in your hand placement. The theory behind this is that this keeps you from putting your hands sideways - and it keeps you from opening the hips in one direction. If your left hand is in front while your right foot is in front in the landing - then you kinda open up your whole left side. (Of your body) Hope you understand what I meant here :)

hold on folks...are you talking about a flip flip or a back tuck? i think your both confusing each other. certainly me...:)

hold on folks...are you talking about a flip flip or a back tuck? i think your both confusing each other. certainly me...:)

Thats exactly what I just thought …I read the post a couple times but I am still confused ..haha

I would imagine they are talking about bhs step out.
We call them back flips in the UK.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back