WAG Back Pain

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Brady

Gymnast
**I don't know if I am in the right spot because I have never posted before**

My lower back has been hurting for a while now. It started about 2 years ago when we were first learning BWO on beam. I got an X-Ray a while back but it only showed very mild scoliosis. It still hurts a lot, but it mostly hurts on BWO on beam and really anything that I have to bend my back on. I don't know what to do.

Any suggestions or thoughts on what to do? Thanks!

Yes. go to the doctor. Lower back pain is not something to be messed with. It can be nothing, or it can be serious. First no more BWO, FWO, bridges, etc. And get to the doctor, most likely an ortho, and get it checked out.

Seconding Skschlag. DD was diagnosed with very mild scoliosis over the summer, but when she had a growth spurt, it progressed a lot (as we just discovered). You could have a significant injury that could get a lot worse if you don't have some treatment, and pain during BWO/bridging skills is the hallmark of those kinds of injuries.

If you have even mild scoliosis, you should be under a Dr.s care. The Dr. And a good physical therapist should be able to tell you what you can and can't do in gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back