WAG Back Pain?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kassgymnast_

Gymnast
I'm not sure if this has to do with gymnastics or what.. I'm 14 , L7/8 gymnast and have been experiencing lower back pain. My doctors have just been putting in off as "growing pains" and i'm starting to wonder if it's more than that. The doctor said it was very normal for a 14 year old girl to experience back pain but I've been having this back pain for almost 2.5 years.. Sometimes it just prevents me from doing back walk overs (I couldn't compete the correct beam series for a year, meaning it took me a year to get my back walk over again on beam, i now have it) to the point where it hurts so bad I can't stand or sit upright. I don't know if this has anything to do with gymnastics at all.. I've been to a chiropractor were my L5 was out of place so they popped it back in, which didn't help. (also figured out i'm not supposed to go to the chiropractor for my back as it may aggravate my syrinx)

Growing pains are normal and can be very painful, but I don't believe they are constant, nor would they generally be in the back. I'm not a doctor though, so I may be wrong.

I would recommend you express your concerns to a sports physio or similar. A GP may not be aware of the strain gymnastics can cause to the back!

Reactions: sce
That does not sound like growing pains. Lower back pain should always be investigated, especially in a gymnasts considering what their backs are out through. MRI time.

I had back pain due to gymnastics and my doctor told memot was nothing and probably something i had done at practice a while back and that the pain would go away. A while later the pain was still there so i went to a chiropractor to get it checked out again. It turns out i had dislocated my hip and it caused my spine to curve creating mild scoliosis. Do to waiting so long i still experience back pain. Don't wait get it checked out i would suggest visiting a sport physio or seeing a different doctor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back