Bar straps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have always seemed to have a problem with getting the right size straps on strap bar. At IGC, I got the biggest size straps there were and they still killed my wrists! I could only do two swings because it hurt so badly. And a girl who had the same size wrists as me said that they were really loose on her! And at my regular gym, I have to use the biggest size because it hurts when I use anything smaller. I'm the only one I know who seems to have this problem. Is it possible I'm putting my hands in the straps the wrong way? Please help!

I remember having the same problem as a gymnast, but I just assumed I had thick wrists. Sorry I can't be any more help, but I understand what an issue it can be!

There are 2 different ways to put your hands in straps - 1 starts with pushing your hands away from you through the straps and the other 1 starts with bringing your hands towards you through the straps from behind. Try to see if someone at your gym can show you both ways and try the way you aren't doing it (if I tried to explain it I think I'd confuse myself. :)) HTH!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back