Parents Beam Queen Age Limit

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

There is no age limit that I'm aware of. My daughter attended 2 years ago. There were appx. 50 or so attendees or so and I'd say that while 14 is on the older end of the range, there looked to be about 8-12 attendees that were in that late middle school to early high school range. The upper end in terms of DP levels seemed to be level 8 skills in general (aka highest level skill grouping was attempting back tucks on beam or possibly aerials on beam and/or some type of handspring connection combination). Overall, the audience does skew younger though with the average age being around 8-11. It's also worth noting that they do group by ability levels as opposed to ages though. So, it's kind of a crapshoot whether your daughter would be paired up with other kids her age. My recommendation would be for her to find a friend to sign up with to make it more fun!

There is no age limit that I'm aware of. My daughter attended 2 years ago. There were appx. 50 or so attendees or so and I'd say that while 14 is on the older end of the range, there looked to be about 8-12 attendees that were in that late middle school to early high school range. The upper end in terms of DP levels seemed to be level 8 skills in general (aka highest level skill grouping was attempting back tucks on beam or possibly aerials on beam and/or some type of handspring connection combination). Overall, the audience does skew younger though with the average age being around 8-11. It's also worth noting that they do group by ability levels as opposed to ages though. So, it's kind of a crapshoot whether your daughter would be paired up with other kids her age. My recommendation would be for her to find a friend to sign up with to make it more fun!
Thanks so much!

My daughter has done BQBC 3x. She and I both feel that the coaches there favor the younger, cuter girls. The last time she went she was 12, and she didn't want to attend the following year because of this.

It seems geared more towards younger girls, I've also heard complaints that they tend to focus most of their time and energy on their beam queen ambassadors. We didn't attend based on feedback I've heard, and our coach didn't really want my daughter to go either.

This will be our 3rd year. We go to the one in Austin. There is usually a group of older teens in our session.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back