Beginner mens stretching routine (im 23)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I started doing gymnastics at 21-22 wayy late, cant compete obviously but I love learning the skills mainly focusing on rings as I have them set up at my house. No swinging skills but I can do clean muscle ups for reps, straddle planche, full front and back levers, working on a cross currently.

As most of this is self taught, or what I learn on the internet, I have no idea where to start with flexibility?

I just would like to attain front and side splits, get my hands over my shoulders in bridge, and a pancake.

I know there are stretching books out there, but cant find much on gymnastics stretches for someone older.

Thanks for any and all responses would greatly appreciate the help.

You should do short stretches in your current range of motion for your warm-up, then do longer stretches for increasing flexibility at the end of your training session. This is because your flexibility stretches will work better with warm muscles, and because the long stretches actually cause reduced power in the muscles, which you don't really want before your strength training.

Here is a link to some good stretches for improving shoulder flexibility, and improving your bridge: Handstands: Part 2 | Apex Technical Corner

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back