WAG Bent legs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mOm2gymnast<3

Coach
Proud Parent
My dd used to have really really straight legs when she does her back handsprings and on everything else. Now that she has been doing tucks, her right leg is bending and it's not pretty to look at anymore when she's doing skills. She needs to be consistently reminded to squeeze!!! Does she need to stop doing tucks? I'm worried she's gonna keep on doing bent legs :(

My dd used to have really really straight legs when she does her back handsprings and on everything else. Now that she has been doing tucks, her right leg is bending and it's not pretty to look at anymore when she's doing skills. She needs to be consistently reminded to squeeze!!! Does she need to stop doing tucks? I'm worried she's gonna keep on doing bent legs :(
If tucks cause bent legs in back handsprings, 80% of my kids are learning layouts today!! ;) Seriously, I would doubt that the tuck is the direct cause. That isn't to say that she may be so focused on the tuck, or some element of it, that she forgets to tighten her legs. There is a lot of stuff going on in those little minds all at once! ;) Give it a little time and I'm sure she will be back to her straight leg self. :)

I think she is probably just a little too focused on the tuck at the moment, and is forgetting about the rest. Once she is completely comfortable with the tuck, it will come naturally and she will think about it all again ! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back