WAG Best app for meet tracking

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lovethelord

Proud Parent
Has anyone used any of the app's available for recording and tracking meets? Anyone have a favorite app? Preferably an android app.

I had MeetTracker when I had my Android phone. I recently switched to an iPhone and re-purchased the app for the iPhone. I like it and it wasn't very expensive.

I have used both MeetTracker and TumbleTally. I like TumbleTally better. Not sure if it available for android. I use it on my iPad.

LL: I use TumbleTally on our iPad (music device for meets) and on my back-up electronic music device for meets (my iPhone). It rocks! The detail reporting has helped during meets and after. Better yet, the girls know the ap and assist staff in recording details.

Best, SBG-

@Short Balding Guy | Is this an app you think all coaches should have? What does it do exactly? I'm new to coaching competitively and any tools that will help are definitely valuable.

@Short Balding Guy | Is this an app you think all coaches should have? What does it do exactly? I'm new to coaching competitively and any tools that will help are definitely valuable.

Aero; I use the ap, iPad and my iPhone for keeping me detailed. I used to record all the details (feedback, comments, observations and event scores) on paper. I now use the IPAD. (Hey judges spent this weekend training to score with them, we should be able to use them!) This ap helps me with scores during a meet and then from meet to meet. I find it convenient to refer to them. Often I am the coach for the day (could be up to 4 sessions) and it helps keeps me detailed up thru 10:00pm.

Tools; We use Coaches Eye, TumbleTally, Notes and use the iCloud to provide access to documents ((1)at a meet - parent contact info, meet site info, directions, instructions (2) in gym - rotation schedule, day events, notes, workout planners and the like). Pen and paper get used, but less than in the past. I have a couple of coaches who utilize the IPAD download of the USAG L3-5 routines all the time. The say the gymnasts respond to the ap and it helps them coach. Weekly I download the photo and movies from photo and Coacheseye to our gym server. I load them to a password protected site that parents have access to. I encourage the athletes on my rotations to use the iPad to vid if they desire. Rarely do I vid. Parents can see the "real" gym and visit with their gymnast about what they are seeing if they desire. I do have parents enjoying this. Works for us.

Hope that helps. I am impressed at your passion and energy coach. Best, SBG -

Last edited:
I've been using Tumble Talley for three seasons on Android. Great app. BUT, no backup as I see. New phone, all is gone.

Tools; We use Coaches Eye, TumbleTally, Notes and use the iCloud to provide access to documents ((1)at a meet - parent contact info, meet site info, directions, instructions (2) in gym - rotation schedule, day events, notes, workout planners and the like). Pen and paper get used, but less than in the past. I have a couple of coaches who utilize the IPAD download of the USAG L3-5 routines all the time. The say the gymnasts respond to the ap and it helps them coach. Weekly I download the photo and movies from photo and Coacheseye to our gym server. I load them to a password protected site that parents have access to. I encourage the athletes on my rotations to use the iPad to vid if they desire. Rarely do I vid. Parents can see the "real" gym and visit with their gymnast about what they are seeing if they desire. I do have parents enjoying this. Works for us.

SBG - I would seriously love to have my DD in your gym.

A bunch of us decided at one meet last year that someone needs to invent an app that would send the scores right to your device as you sit in the stands. I would pay for that--not having to catch the scores as they are flashed, and then write them/record them. That would be awesome!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back