MAG Bicep Tendonitis

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
I'm skeptical of the tape too; but did swears by it. She much prefers Rock tape over KT.

Reactions: sce
Alright...we have a plan..... continue PT/Rossiter 1 X per week. They are in the same place. In fact, today when he finished his functional fitness, they did 10 extra minutes of Rossiter. Love that place.

Continue therapy work at home

Gym every night.. 2 hours only. NO events. Tramp work, stretching, cardio, conditioning. Then home.

We will evaluate in 2 weeks and see if things are improving or not.

Ugh, so sorry to hear this is still an issue and that he's off event work. Thinking of you guys and hoping those healing fairies are on the way and that they'll consent to hang around him for a while!

D seems to have gotten himself a little case of bicep tendonitis as far as everyone can tell. He has about a 1 inch area of pain in the front of his shoulder that is fine for a while, then as he practices, it gets worse and worse. When is this poor kiddo going to catch a break? Anyone else's kiddo had this? tips, timelines, suggestions??

gotta rest it until there is NO pain. push through it to soon and it will rupture. even with tape.

Where do you get this tape. I want some for ME.

I buy mine on Amazon. Pink uses quite a bit as she has been getting foot pain due to relaxing her arches on landings and the physio gave her exercises and showed me how to tape for when it flares up ( part of her hypermobility) I am also good at taping knees ( as the relaxed arches set up strain on the outside of the knee) and my own should - with some help from DH. If you buy it 6 rolls at a time its cheaper ! Plus we have to have beige for competitions.

gotta rest it until there is NO pain. push through it to soon and it will rupture. even with tape.

That is what we are doing now. It is taped just to give room in every day tasks. He is seeing a therapist for it, and is on equipment lockdown.

Problem is, there is NO pain unless he does gymnastics for about 90 minutes. THen the pain starts to creep in.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back