Big meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gym klutz

I have a HUGE meet this weekend and I am feeling doubt.this would be my second meet ,ever,and Im nervous to preform to a crowd.wish me luck

Good luck! I am not a gymnast but I feel my daughters do best when they are relaxed and just having fun. Maybe that will help.

Have a great time, that's what it should be about.

Just take a deep breath and think this is just like practice.

Hope you do your best!

visualize your routine before you start...take a deep breath...and do your magic.

If there is one thing all gymnasts have..it is their ability to blurr out all the activity going on around them and perform.

You will do fine..I know it!

This reminds me of a story..lol..

My 8yr DD had to be called up infront of the school during an assembly to do something. She told me about it that night and she told me she was scared and had to visualize everyone in their underwear. I laughed and said..you should be used to performing in front of crowds, you do it at everymeet...She laughed and said...No I don't. (At this point, I let it go...If this is how she thinks (or doesn't think) of the crowd at a meet then so be it)

Thats cool you must be excited about your second meet, but dont doubt yourself cause that just throws you off. Always think positve and you will do your best. For me when i get nervous i watch something inspiring before my meet and also try to picture yourself sticking your routines and having perfect form threw out it. I hope this help. Good Luck!!:)

<3 lvl 7 gymnast!

Good luck! Smile and enjoy the meet! Don't forget to come back and share your experience....

My girls love to watch Stick It before meets. LOL I tell them to relax and enjoy. Also the whole goal is to see your score improving at each meet. Not placement per se. That varies at each competition. If you make a mistake, keep going. Don't let it ruin the meet for you. Relax and move on. My youngest is 6 years old. Her philosphy is when asked how she will feel if she doesn't place: "It is not MY problem it is a problem with the JUDGES." Cocky attitude. But she does realize some of her mistakes and knows when she makes one. :) She is learning to grow at each meet. :)
Good luck. Do your best, but most of all enjoy!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back