Parents Bone bruise

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

smidgie

Proud Parent
One month ago my dd took a fall off bars. She hit her heel on the spring board. We had it x-rayed and it isn't fractured. It still hurts her (one month later) when she jumps or runs. She can't do vault or floor. Her coach mentioned bone bruise tonight. Im not sure what to do. We've been icing and soaking the heel for months, but it doesn't seem to be getting better.

I hate bone bruises because they take so long to heal. I did it to both heels the day before the "big meet" and had to compete the next two days......... yaaaouch!!!

I couldn't walk right, let alone run or punch, for over two months.

One month ago my dd took a fall off bars. She hit her heel on the spring board. We had it x-rayed and it isn't fractured. It still hurts her (one month later) when she jumps or runs. She can't do vault or floor. Her coach mentioned bone bruise tonight. Im not sure what to do. We've been icing and soaking the heel for months, but it doesn't seem to be getting better.
When dd fell from bars last year she ended up with 2 bone bruises tibia and femur . It showed up on Mri so you may want to take her to sports medicine Dr for a look at what is causing the pain.

Agree if she is still having pain 1 month later I would get her re-evaluated. Plain x-rays are not as sensitive as MRI for subtle fractures.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back