WAG bonus points

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

smidgie

Proud Parent
Hey all. My dd is going to be a level 6 this season. She has a friend that can do some level 7 B skills. If she does these level 7 skills in her level 6 routine, does she get bonus points or can it just hurt her if she doesnt preform them well? Im just curious. Does it pay to stay at a lower level if you can do advanced skills? Thanks.

Hey all. My dd is going to be a level 6 this season. She has a friend that can do some level 7 B skills. If she does these level 7 skills in her level 6 routine, does she get bonus points or can it just hurt her if she doesnt preform them well? Im just curious. Does it pay to stay at a lower level if you can do advanced skills? Thanks.
Especially when you can skip level 6

There is no scoring advantage at L6 and L7 to doing the harder skills since there are no composition deductions at these levels. I would look at L6 and L7 as an opportunity to gain experience in competing optional routines and not worry too much about whether she competes 6 or 7 as long as they are still up training skills for L8, they will probably get there at the same time. As far as doing the more difficult skills, the advantage is simply the experience in competing the harder skills and being more prepared for later levels.

There aren't really L6 versus L7 skills. The routine just has to fulfill the requirements. All else being equal, a routine with bigger skills will do a bit better than a routine that only fulfills the minimum requirements, but the deductions will be taken, no matter what the skill is. A very clean routine that fulfills the minimum requirements will often beat a less clean routine with bigger skills. Some gyms will have girls do more difficult routines at lower stakes meets just to get the experience doing the skills, but do simpler routines that will score higher at states. It's not like the boys, where compulsories have specified bonus options with designated values in their routines.

No bonus points in L6 or L7 for doing the harder skills. All you have to do is fulfill the requirements. You can do the harder skills but you will take any deductions those harder skills incur.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back