WAG Brestyan's Las Vegas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

reluctant

Proud Parent
Is anyone going to Brestyan's Las Vegas meet? I am surprised that the schedule has not been set yet. When we went two years ago, we got the schedule by Dec. 1.

Not going to that meet but our first qualifier meet is the City of Lights meet in Florida in early February (we will be traveling from Minnesota) and their website stated that the schedule would be posted 12/22/17, and still nothing. Why even put a date up if you aren't going to follow through?!? We would love to be able to start looking at flights but can't until we know when she will be competing. So frustrating!

Same on city of lights. But oddly a little grateful they are late. If our on 22nd, I might have booked flights but now she seems to be injured so not even sure if we will go.

Have you asked your coaches and/or gym? Meet Directors often send the schedule to coaches prior to posting it online.

An FYI on the City of Lights meet....we went a few years back, including flights etc (i.e. not close) and it was THE WORST meet we ever were in in our 17 years in the sport. It was held in their gym, 20 bucks a head to get in, no other competitors from outside the state but us, a few local gyms sent about 10 kids each...and the host gym won pretty much everything, and if you believe the judging, made no mistakes. I'm not saying we were perfect but of the level 10s that were at that meet from our gym , 15 out of 17 went on to JOs 2 months later and were on the podium there with the same routines. The host gym owner made the comment that that meet is "always a confidence booster for us"....gee, you don't say....

Our coach thought it was a much bigger and different meet and it wasn't....he tried to sign us up for it the next year and everyone balked and said no way. I wouldn't shell out a nickel to attend that meet.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I’ll be less disappointed if she can’t compete.

But my sense is that it has gotten bigger. This year the meet is actually at the Orlando Convention Center.

We're attending Vegas as well and getting really annoyed that we don't have a schedule yet. All the deadlines for payment, scratches, etc have come and gone. I thought they would have a schedule out after the payment deadline...nothing so I thought by the scratch deadline....that was nearly two weeks ago. They have the picture with all the states represented. I'm not understanding the lack of schedule. I know it's a large meet but my patience is running thin.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I’ll be less disappointed if she can’t compete.

But my sense is that it has gotten bigger. This year the meet is actually at the Orlando Convention Center.

Actually, the year we went it was listed as being held in a venue but when the # of entries was below 800, they said "it doesn't make fiscal sense not to have it in our gym"...and we weren't informed of that until the week before the meet.....to say that we were all peeved is an understatement.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back