WAG Bruising on hips and worse

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnast_Tor

Gymnast
Hey everyone :) recently, my routines on bars have been improving with requirements of higher casting. When I finally started casting high enough and then started working on baby Giants, I started getting more and more bruises on my hips. (Normal). Recently though, I keep getting blood blisters under the bruises. Is this normal? It's extremely painful to do bars right now (but eh apparently that's just gymnastics. Pains and perseverance.) anything I can do to make this pain less or help this bruising stop? It hasn't been like this before I joined the Xcel team

If you were getting random bruises and you couldn't remember doing anything to get them, then that would be worrying. This just sounds like you've been working hard and the skin needs to toughen. My competitive pole dancer sister would get terrible bruising across stomach etc each new move learnt, then it would go away and basically not come back (in that spot).

Okay thank you :) it was just mainly the blood blisters that would form under the bruising that was strange to me haha

Bruises are broken blood vessels, sounds like you are just really beating up the same spot.

Buy a neoprene back brace and pull it down around your hips when you do bars, (like a skirt). Problem solved.

Reactions: COz
Yeah, blood blisters under purple bruises, they'll go away. Don't be concerned if they hang around for quite a while though after they stop hurting.

Buy a neoprene back brace and pull it down around your hips when you do bars, (like a skirt). Problem solved.
I misread that as neck-brace. Nodded and thought, of course a neck brace would fit around a gymnast's hips. Made me laugh :)

Hey everyone :) recently, my routines on bars have been improving with requirements of higher casting. When I finally started casting high enough and then started working on baby Giants, I started getting more and more bruises on my hips. (Normal). Recently though, I keep getting blood blisters under the bruises. Is this normal? It's extremely painful to do bars right now (but eh apparently that's just gymnastics. Pains and perseverance.) anything I can do to make this pain less or help this bruising stop? It hasn't been like this before I joined the Xcel team
When that happened with my daughter we took a pair of gym shorts and sewed a piece of foam in the front hip area specifically for that part of training

Reactions: COz
When my hips get beat up I put paper towels, napkins or tissues on my hips under my Leo, I find this to be a good quick fix. I'm guessing as this is an ongoing issues you probably want more of a permanent fix though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back