Coaches BSAP

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tweez94

Coach
Has anyone used the BSAP preschool-preteam-level 4 training curriculum? Im trying to decide the best way to impliment it into our program at the lower levels. The biggest thing I've noticed is we are lacking way too much strength and I think it starts at the bottom.

If its still the same as it was on vhs, its okay nothing stellar.

It should be a focus of a decent program.

I liked it, but it wasnt the end all be all.

Tbh, it is very difficult to physically prepare a child for serious gymnastics with rec minded hours or feel. Only the naturally strong kids will skyrocket under minimal gymnastic hours until they level out sort of.

Yea I don't believe it has changed too much, our boys program will most likely never be able to invest in a pre-team program so we will most likely end up grabbing the ones we want right out of our rec classes, I want a decent sized team, but I want a top notch team that can compete within the region. So I'm just brainstorming as many ways as I can to grow and build the style of program I want within our gym. I figured if we used that to a degree within preschool, beginner rec, adv rec, and then just hand pick the kids that we want once they hit 6 years old and are at a caliber we want. Thought this might be the best approach.

I need to look at it again but I thought it left out some things when I developed my own.

I hear ya, I'm trying to put together I can follow strictly (or as strictly as possible given it will be implemented within rec classes too)

Im looking at the notes of the bsap that was when they still had mens classes going from 10 on down, early 2000s.

Looks decent.

My old system added a few more skills but would have to be updated for the current quad. I didnt differentiate between preK and Lvl 1 and at the time took 5yo into the l1 class, sometimes even 4.5 with consideration.

I also would like to see more support drills for rings early on like pushup plank on rings to support holds and MU drills.

And tbh, there are probably even more drills I might use when coaching that get tiresome to list in a skill chart. It gets trying when you start using filler skills or have to list 50 skills per skill chart level or break them into sublevels per level.

Yeah, I think I will use it with discretion, trying to focus more on anything having to do with support strength, HS strength, tuck, l, v, straddle sits, ropes, and basics. I'll just try and choose one particular strength skill and one particular basic skill per (rec, beg, adv) class and tailor my plans around having fun while secretly developing those skills. I'm starting to at least put a vision of what I want, whether it will work or not who knows I guess. Trial and error.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back