WAG Cami vs tank leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnast_Tor

Gymnast
Hey y'all! I'm thinking about buying a couple of new leos, and I really like the look of a cami leotard. (Like the ones from k bee.) what are the pros and cons of cami leos vs. tank leos? And I know it's stupid for wanting to look good in the gym during workout, but I am wondering: what style looks best on a 16 year old girl?

If you're going to wear a regular bra get a tank but if you're going to wear a sports bra either will work. I really like cami ones, they're cool in the summer and I think look good! But I mean its really just what you like! I have a cami one from the Rebecca's Mom brand and love it!!

It's really up to preference but I like tank leotards a lot better. Cami ones don't stay in place for me and I have to fix the straps a lot...

My dd loved the cami style until she got a chest. now its only tank top style. Not so much because the bra shows with the cami but it kept slipping lower than she liked and her chest was more exposed than she would like.

That's the bad thing for me: the chest. I love the style if the cami, I just am wondering if the support is enough?

If you have anything larger than an A cup, I would say you really need to stay in a tank leo. It's just not appropriate for your ladies to be busting out during practice.

If you have anything larger than an A cup, I would say you really need to stay in a tank leo. It's just not appropriate for your ladies to be busting out during practice.

And even with an A (and under), it will slip. Be prepared to wear a sports bra that will peak out in the front

Sent from my ADR6400L using ChalkBucket mobile app

Thanks for the input everyone! I just don't like how some tanks look on me. I have ones from Melody and Alpha Factor, but they just make the chest look bigger haha! I guess that's the same with all leos because they're form fitting. I wonder if any Olympians have this problem haha!!

I like the cami ones better even tho I only have 1 right now and te rest are tank but camisole ones I think just look better and feel nicer

I personally quite like the cami leos, I think they are very flattering. I'm a B and wear the cami sports bra from Jagwear (though I'm sure any sports bra would do) because it has thin, skin-coloured straps, and I'm fine. Just make sure you get the leotard in the right size. If it's too big it would probably end up gaping at the front, but the one I got stays up and I've never had a problem with it. Haha there are definitely Olympic gymnasts that deal with this! Have you seen Alicia Sacramone or Aly Raisman?

With an appropriate bra, a correctly sized either one should be fine. If you're self conscious about a bra showing, stick to tank.

I would definitely try one out if you are interested! There are differing opinions, so I wouldn't buy more than one at first to try it out.
I recommend wearig a good supportive sports bra and thre should be no problem. I always preferred tank leos, but I had absolutely no problem with the cami style either. I simply prefered the look of he tank style.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using ChalkBucket mobile app

I'm thinking about trying one now!! :) does anyone have in their own opinion the best sports bra that gives the most support? Gosh this thread is getting more awkward by the minute haha.

You want to strap those puppies up good and tight - otherwise when you are my age they will be down to your waist :eek:

I have found shock absorber very good in the past.

I have several by the brand BCG that is from academy. Their inexpensive and very good quality and they are comfortable. I also enjoy Champion. Just go to a place like Academy and try some on. Avoid any cami/strappy ones. Go for the full racerback. If you're looking for one for soecifically under the cami leo, possibly look for one that gets higher than normal in the front. You know, just incase.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back