MAG Camps...again

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Our booster club is looking at other camps to send our gymnasts to this year. We have sent them to FlipFest for 3 years, but there is a push to do a different camp this year, more of a college camp. I have looked up a lot of them, and can find info on dates, times, etc, but was wondering if anyone had any experience at a camp that was great, not so great, etc.

Thanks!

My DS LOVED the University of Illinois camp. There were kids from all over there. It was fantastic for gymnastics--not necessarily all the extras of a fancy camp but lots and lots of good gym. Justin Spring did an amazing job and was super hands on.

I love kentuckys camp... I went with one other teammate and we were in different groups but I made a lot of friends really easily and the coaches and collage gymnast are really nice

My son did a camp in western mass at Holyoke college and I cannot say enough about it. The camp had great coaches as well as a great training facility and was reasonably priced.

We are thinking of Stanford camp this year. One of our team kids, a 6 year old, won a week of Flip Fest in a raffle at the last meet. Is it appropriate for a very stubborn, very moody, yet talented little boy?

Our boys have always had a lot of fun at FlipFest, but the coach would really like them at a more gymnastics oriented camp. Not that FlipFest isn't, but he likes college camps better. And with booster paying, we can look around a bit.

Our booster club is looking at other camps to send our gymnasts to this year. We have sent them to FlipFest for 3 years, but there is a push to do a different camp this year, more of a college camp. I have looked up a lot of them, and can find info on dates, times, etc, but was wondering if anyone had any experience at a camp that was great, not so great, etc.

Thanks!
Does your booster club pay for them to go to camp?? Ours would never consider that, but I think it's cool!

Yes. Most years our booster club pays for camp, if we have the money. It is a year by year decision, based on funds.

I don't think our booster makes enough money for that. :(
We're sending one of our kids to camp on our own dime.

He'll be seven by then. They take ages 7-17. This kid is a hellion. I suspect that they will think twice about offering raffle prizes after this kid goes to their camp. (He's also a very talented, extremely energetic gymnast)

I heard the University of Michigan camp is great. I tried to sign my son up for it last year but it was already filled up. You need to sign up early. I heard that they are going to try to increase the numbers they can accept to the camp this year - potentially running two camps.

We just watched the Michigan team last night at the NCAA competition, and they won. They were really incredible, and I think my favorite team ATM. I would love to send my kid to a camp at Michigan State.

At Michigan Academy of Gymnastics the boys have a special love for UofM. One of our own, Matt , but all of the team treat us like family. Sam is a true Olympic hero and always has time for a photo or autograph. That said, I think it is important for a gymnastic club to support their local NCAA team.

You might consider a destonation trip. Planning a summer visit to family in TX. We were surprised to find that WOGA is nearby. Sending my son to WOGA Skills camp is a good way to mix training and a fun family vacation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back