WAG Can u guys suggest a great gymnastics camp?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I dont know where you are at but the University of Nebraska was a fantastic camp. My daughter will be going back again this year.

Woodward is great for gymnastics as long as the gymnast is self-motivated. There is only one mandatory class a day but lots of time for open gym. I learned the most in open gym because the classes are short and there are a lot of people in every group.

My DD is going to IGC this summer. Sure its a tad expensive but what camp isnt?! lol. I really like this camp. Nothing but gymnastics other than their free time. Class ratio is 1 coach to about 8 campers which will help my DD out bigtime. Seperate gyms for each event. even a dance class to help with their floor routines. This will be her first time going to this camp, but one of her gym mates went last year and completely loved it. go to www.internationalgymnasticscamp.com to check things out. they even have olympic gymnasts come to the gym and lots of great coaches too! i thought about woodward, and even though their gymnastics classes may not be too bad, i want my DD to concentrate fully on gymnastics and not get sidetracked by something else. Hope this helps

DD is going back to IGC again this year. She was L7 last year when she was there, and had also been the summer before.

It has the focus on gymnastics AND the great camp experience. We looked at other camps, including university/college camps but as she's 9, she's not ready for that yet.

I was a camper and a coach at IGC and I have to say I had some of the best times of my gymnastics life. As a camper, I learned SO many new skills for the first time--giant, tsuk, double back on floor into pit... Skills I never really believed I would ever do when I first attended the camp. I went back as a coach and experienced just as much "camp magic" as when I was a kid.

Now that I live on the west coast though and it's too hard to get there, I go with our gym kids to Woodward West, which I also love even though it does not have as many gyms as IGC. I've met many great coaches, the kids have a blast, and the camp even has a bowling alley and a fun talent show!

Where is IGC? She can travel anywhere. She wants to go back to Woodward but would like her to try somewhere else first. Thanks

fliptwisttumble, what week is she going to be going? Mine is going june 22-28

We haven't picked yet, but school here runs to the end of June, so she'll be going in July. In the past She has always gone the week of your Fourth of July, and loves that celebration they do at the camp that week.

Jack Carter's. Like Geddarts this is more of a training camp than holiday camp. Expect to train all day with some evening activities. You will probably either have to go with the child or figure out some lodging.

Jack Carter's. Like Geddarts this is more of a training camp than holiday camp. Expect to train all day with some evening activities. You will probably either have to go with the child or figure out some lodging.

This camp is relatively close to us and have really thought about it for my dd this year. Glad to hear it's a good training camp. We had considered letting DD do 2 weeks there, do they learn a lot?

Jack Carter's is good from what my boss told me. He wanted the girls to go there instead of the Karolyis.

Focus on training rather than fun camp.

He was not impressed by the Karolyis besides the fact that half of the girls think they will be an olympian because Bela said so.

Which is really awesome with the girls who are a pain.

Our older girls complained about the food there but that may be due to posh east bay sf living

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back