Can you please help me???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

Love578

I did gymnastics for 8 years and im thinking about starting again. Here is what i can still do:

Floor:
Round off 1+ back handsprings, round off back handspring back tuck, round off back handspring layout, front handspring, punch front(I can almost connect them), back walkover, switch leap, all of my jumps and turns.

Beam:
Full turn, cartweel, split leap, Maybe my backwalkover, front tuck dismount, handstand, levels 4 and 5 dismount, tuck jump, split jump, and straddle jump(on low beam).

Vault: level 4 vault. I think i still have the handspring vault.

Bars: Pull over, front hip circle, back hip circle, The cast thing where you put your feet on the bar to jump to the high bar(i forgot what it is called), I almost have my kip again(not enough arm strength), I havent tried my baby giant, and i think i still have my tuck flyaway. Oh and tap swings.

I cant do my splits sadly. My leaps arent full split but after i get flexible again they will be. My casts will also get higher then they are.
So what level would i be put in? BTW i was in level 6 when i quit. Thanks. xD

Hello!

You have almost everything you need for level 6! But if you haven't done gymnastics in maybe... 4-7 months, i would start in a lower level to get you going again! Because maybe you have lost some skills so the best way is to try out for a lower level to bring you back to the top!

If i were you, id start at level 4 or five 5!

Ps. You should definitely start again, once you get your game going you'll make your way to the top!

Hope this helps,
Minh Thy

i would also say about level 5..maybe 6 if you get the rest of your skills..but you could probably be a level 7 on floor :)

I would say level 6. Where you said you left off. The only event that seems to be slacking is bars.
Floor: Seems like you have everything. Just work on your splits(assuming you can do the front pass: front handspring step out front handspring)
Beam: you need the dismount, and see if you stilll have your backwalkover
Bars:Ok, you need kip cast 45degrees above horizontal,clear hip 45 degrees above horizontal, see if you still have your baby giant and tucked fly away.
Vault: You need to try thhe level 5/6 vault and see if you can still do it.

One last thing is. I'm not positive about this, but I think you would have to compete level 6. You wouldn't be able to compete level 5 because you competed level 6 before you stopped. Im not completly sure if this statement is true or not. (So, if anyone could conform!! :) ) That just means if you don't have your skills for the season after you joined you would just have super good skills when the next season came!!!! i hope that made sense.:D

I say you should totally start gym again. It is soo much fun.

level 5. i think you could compete level 6 but it would be better to wait because you can do better by prefecting your other skills and the level 6 skills in the time you have. by the time you move up to level 6, you will be amazing! because you already have some of the skills and you have prefected them!

It also depends when you decide to go back.(what time of year)Because if you go back during there fall season you wont compete, but oyu will have time to train for level 6.
Remember you might compete level 5 in spring and 6 in the fall or you might have a rocky spring season of level 6 and have the whole summer to work on it for fall.

or instead of competing compulsory levels you could compete as a prep op, because you have more options to what you want to compete. you will just need to make sure you have a handspring vault but other than that you're all set to compete prep op novice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back