Off Topic Chalk bucket abbreviations

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Presstohandstands

Coach
Gymnast
Not sure if this is a stupid question but could someone please explain the abbreviations used on chalk bucket. As a new member I'm finding it difficult to understand them.

I thought I was the only one who was clueless about these abbreviations!

Other than the ones your asked about, the others mainly are skills, using the first letter of each word: bt- back tuck. Usually there is some kind of preface to it to help though. Ex. Dd struggling with her bt on beam. It can get dizzying if you are not yet at a level where you know all the main skills, but once you see the abbreviations a few times, it gets easier to figure out. I think the rules state that we are not supposed to use texting abbreviations so aside from the Dd, dh, ds, they are all gym related.

ETA (edit to add): if you ever have trouble, just ask it in the post you see it in. Someone will always be quick to answer and you probably will makes a lot of newbies happy because they were too timid to ask. I know I was like that when I was new.

You might also see DS - darling/dear son
OG - older gymnast, from what I gather and
YG - younger gymnast
IRL - in real life, as in not in a forum

And then a lot of skill abbreviations. Some of the most common include:
RO: round off
BHS: back handspring
FHS: front handspring
BT: back tuck
KCH: kip cast handstand
HS: handstand
KO: kick over (like bridge KO = bridge kick over)
BWO: back walkover

Not sure if this is a stupid question but could someone please explain the abbreviations used on chalk bucket. As a new member I'm finding it difficult to understand them.

I can't even figure them out and I started this place. We can start an official thread for this if we haven't already.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back