Gymnasts cheer to gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ayaaaa!

Gymnast
heyyyyy so ive been doing all-star cheer for 7 years now and i kinda wanna switch to gymnatics. i was wondering what Xcel level i would be in or if none, what normal level. please help cuz the gymnastics season near me in keller, tx starts in a few months and i wanna practice.
i will list the current skills i have.
BACK TUMBLING: RO BHS whip full, RO whip whip punch front, RO full, standing Full, standing HS whip full
FRONT TUMBLING: front tuck stepout RO whip funch front, FHS front pike, FHS front layout
below are what ive been able to do at my sisters gym, but i am self taugh and have never dont them so dont judge
BARS: kip hipcircle and then jump to the to bar and mini giant thingy
BEAM: bhs, bwo, tuck dismount, cw back tuck
VAULT (I CANT DO IT ITS SO HARDDDD): roundoff to tuck over the brown thingy and into the block pit

I would say a Platinum... maybe higher.

heyyyyy so ive been doing all-star cheer for 7 years now and i kinda wanna switch to gymnatics. i was wondering what Xcel level i would be in or if none, what normal level. please help cuz the gymnastics season near me in keller, tx starts in a few months and i wanna practice.
i will list the current skills i have.
BACK TUMBLING: RO BHS whip full, RO whip whip punch front, RO full, standing Full, standing HS whip full
FRONT TUMBLING: front tuck stepout RO whip funch front, FHS front pike, FHS front layout
below are what ive been able to do at my sisters gym, but i am self taugh and have never dont them so dont judge
BARS: kip hipcircle and then jump to the to bar and mini giant thingy
BEAM: bhs, bwo, tuck dismount, cw back tuck
VAULT (I CANT DO IT ITS SO HARDDDD): roundoff to tuck over the brown thingy and into the block pit
Is agree with Platnium. This way you can compete your harder tumbling but have a chance to learn bar skills and vaulting over the table.

kk thanks my sister also told me im really good at beam for a cheerleader but its proablly cuz im a flyer so i have lots of balance and stuff. what normal level is platnium equivalent to?

Something to keep in mind is that sometimes form is different in cheer vs gymnastics. It's possible the coaches will want to spend some time correcting or changing your form. If that's the case, it could be they'd put you on a lower level than you expect, or they could put you on a high level but still spend a lot of time on form rather than upskilling. Just thought I'd warn you that this is a possibility.

kk thanks my sister also told me im really good at beam for a cheerleader but its proablly cuz im a flyer so i have lots of balance and stuff. what normal level is platnium equivalent to?
Platinum is like a JO Level 5/6. It’s an Xcel level though so it’s good for older girls looking to do competitive gymnastics but a little less intense (not focused on college gymnastics etc.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back