Parents Chicago Style

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

lilgymmie7

I just had to post... 44 hrs. and counting before DD's home meet! Yikes, I am working as a gym manager for the first time, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Most parents have posted asking for good luck for their DDs, me, I am hoping for some good luck fairies for myself! What a selfish Mommy, but really I am a bit nervy!!
Please send some good luck fairies DD's way as well!! She asked me today before she left for practice, " What if I don't make my squat on?" Poor dear is only seven and already stressing out over gym. I asked her if the world would stop if she didn't make it. She looked at me funny, but agreed that it wouldn't. I want to see how she comes home today. Gymnasts sure are tough on themselves!
Anyone planning on attending this meet? I hope to see you if you do.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicago Style is always fun! Beth is competing Friday, so we'll be there--good luck to you (and your DD!)

Heading down tomorrow, all of our compulsory girls go on Friday. My DD has the wonderful 8am session. Guess it is better than the 5pm session and getting done at 11pm.

hey, good luck to dd and to YOU!! I get the whole nerves over the home meet thing...we just went through that! It's a LOT of work, but very gratifying!! Have a great meet and don't forget to have fun!!

Wishing you the best!! Sorry that our gym is not going to your gym meet but would like to hear how it goes :)

Thank you everyone!! I am sure Friday will be loads of fun at her meet watching her compete. Then, I almost feel like my turn to compete will be up on Saturday! Gulp... My DH is at the pier setting up as I am typing this. He sounds excited!

[video]Example: YouTube - lilgymmie7's Channel[/video]

Well, we both survived! Little DD had a great time competing and an even better time playing after the meet and all day Saturday!! Thank you to all the coaches and parents that had such wonderfull thinks to say about the meet, etc. It really is nice to see that the hard work is appreciated! There are a lot of parents from the gym that spend all three days at the meet in order to ensure that all is well.
DD didn't have her best meet, but despite it all she smilled throughout! She is such an easy going child. Even through her bar fall x 2, she didn't loose her cool. Her demeanor after bars was priceless. I know she will have something to say about it at the gym, but when at the meets she never gripes, crys, etc. She is a great sportsman!! I couldn't believe her age bracket though, 9 & under. She just turned 7 on Jan. 8th of this year! Well!!
The two weeks before the meet, the midwest blizzard hit, so she had a limited 4 days to prepare in those two weeks. More practice may have been beneficial. We will see what happens next.
Working the meet wasn't as difficult as I had originally thought. I was exhausted after the 12+ hours, but I am alive!! Thank you everyone for the well wishes!

Congrats to you and your DD. It was a great meet. My lil one didn't have her best day either. I agree nine and under is brutal, mine is also a new seven year old. Her fall was on beam which is her best event, left her with a 8.5, they will rock it next year:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back