Parents Chicago style

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We went once, two years ago. I can't say it was worth the travel time (we had to fly.) Chicago in Feb. is not my idea of fun. But many people like it.

Every awful story begins with "we were on beam and..."

DD's team went last year. I was not thrilled about the idea of Chicago in February, but in the end I think it was a mom/daughter trip we will always remember. We had a blast and the meet was well-run. I hope we go again someday!

We went last year for the first time. We drove so it wasn't as expensive as flying. You get a huge price break on the host hotels, so it is more affordable in that regard. We had fun!

Its a huge meet, well run, Chicago has a lot to offer in terms of things to do and resturants, etc., but don't go to enjoy the weather - we went lots of times and Chicago isn't called the windy city for nothing. Always a cold wind blowing off the late when we were there In February.

We've gone every year since my daughter hit L5. I'm not sure if we'll be going this season though (only because I heard a rumor). It's definitely not warm in Chicago in February so expect bitter cold (although one year we had abnormally high temperatures).

The meet is well run and each competitor gets a Chicago-Style leo (the girls love to where them in practice) and my daughter always has a good time.

Love this meet!! I would go back every year if we could, and we fly, so yes, I think it is worth it..

We got to Chicago Style a lot and really enjoy it. It is COLD though and windy, so don't go for the weather. The meet is well run and fun!

I am a bit biased but having worked it for three years, I have to say it is a very well run meet. The gym begins their planning about a year in advance and all are very conscientious. DD competed only one year there and even though poor thing didn't medal...not even once...she loved it! She still loves wearing the leos she got from there. DD is no longer at IGI, but I am seriously hoping her new gym goes to the meet. Having worked it, I can appreciate the hard work that goes into the whole thing. I remember hearing countless positive comments about it when DD was at gym. The gym has very involved parents when it comes to that meet. The two ladies and meet director that run the meet are incredibly knowledgeable and look to make every next meet better than the last.
Not to mention a lot of big time gyms make the venture out to CS. So if gyms are looking for exposure that is a meet to go to. On Friday, they also host the college meet so college coaches are there too...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back